Sample videos of Phil W's Training Series'

DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Lookie what I've found and edited from the ol' forums!

Carrara 8 Training Videos from Infinite Skills
These are explanations of the training videos featuring Phil Wilkes and include some great sample footage from the series. I strongly recommend these products unless you feel that you are an absolute expert at using Carrara.
Learning Carrara 8
Advanced Carrara Techniques

With all of the talk about how Carrara stands up to the day, here's a real pro who gives highest recommendations of it quite sincerely in this series. His credentials surpass many.
Beyond all of that, this is an invaluable set of reference and training materials that no serious Carraraist should be without.
Great stuff Phil! If I'd have known that this collection of samples was out there, I'd have had these up here straight away!
Cheers, and have fun rendering!

Comments

• GarstorGarstor Posts: 1,411
    edited December 1969

Great stuff Phil! If I'd have known that this collection of samples was out there, I'd have had these up here straight away!

We are both avid supporters of these training videos. I bought Carrara just over a year ago now and PhilW's was part of that purchase. Phil definitely helped me hit the ground running (well, jogging anyway).

• 3dView3dView Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

these are awesome indeed. Phil does such a good job of getting to the right focus on each lesson and making you understand. If you follow along --you will learn alot. 5 stars.

Rich

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

Well, Rosie likes all sorts of TV shows, and I don't really care for TV. Movies on the TV, sure...
    So when she's watching TV, I'll often have my 3d headphones on watching Phil and/or Cripeman, Sci Fi Funk or some Mark Bremmer and now the Daily Dose...
    That's the kind of programming I can watch over and over - especially with that much variety.

• scottidog2scottidog2 Posts: 319
    edited December 1969

I purchased both Learning Carrara 8 & Advanced Carrara Techniques. I honestly think I couldn't have learnt Carrara without them. Phil gets the highest recommendation from me. I refer to them quite often. He shows you how to create a good skin shader in the Texture room. That advice is very valuable to Carrara users who buy Characters optimised
    for Poser.

• edited December 1969

Phil is the man.
    I purchased both of his videos, and have worked directly with him on other tutorials.
    he is a talened artist and very skilled in Carrara. I highly recomend his video tutorials.

He is also very active in the Carrara community and has offered assistance on many questions posted here.

Can't say enough good things about him, and the content he provides to the community.

• 0oseven0oseven Posts: 626
    edited December 1969

method321 said:
    Phil is the man.
    I purchased both of his videos, and have worked directly with him on other tutorials.
    he is a talened artist and very skilled in Carrara. I highly recomend his video tutorials.

He is also very active in the Carrara community and has offered assistance on many questions posted here.

Can't say enough good things about him, and the content he provides to the community.

Agreed - I have all his tuts but Ive said it before dont overlook VTC 's Tutorials just because they stop at carrara7 - There is a wealth of information there not covered by infinite skills.

Uv mapping alone is given 30 minutes or so whicjh may interest you .

(saw your post for uv help http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/17823/ )

• petefpetef Posts: 47
    edited December 1969

Having gone through these and Mark Bremmer's Id personally say that Mr Bremmer's go into way more detail but only go to version 7 which is a shame. But if you can afford both they could save a LOT of time learning or re-learning Carrara.

http://www.markbremmer.com/3Bpages/darkarts.html#