Tomato et al,. Carrara #33 Entry Thread results are in!

13»

Comments

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    Diomede said:

I've got an idea or two for the next challenge, but am open to suggestions.  It will take some time to do the usual confirmations with Daz, etc. to get going.  During the meantime, feel free to offer suggestions for the next challenge theme, or for a challenge tool or function requirement.  Post your ideas here if you wish.

thanks for uptaking the baton Diomede.

Suggestions? I'd like to see us have a 'plug-in' challenge one day.

The idea would be to advertiz\se (ie make people aware of the existence of) all those wonderful paid for and unpaid for plugins that make Carrara so much easier to use than it is out of the box,

It would also serve as a vehicle to help others use tose plugins in an efficent manner. EG I just learnt how to find the hair to obj converter included with Philemo's bridge to the cloth sim avaailable  at that other place.

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

Congradulations to those CarrarArtists in their mystic flying machines... there were so many soaringly great entries.

Thanks to all who contributed both with prizes and most of all thanks to the Suprweme Wuler who did such a great job of keeping me alert and awake with those funny renders.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    Stezza said:

all the info has been sent off to Britney & Larsen...

all bar the Supweme Wuler's $5 ... @Mistara check your inbox cool

There's an 86% chance he may spend it on rocket fuel if he can't get your info!

rocket? 

• pnewhookpnewhook Posts: 70

Hey all,

Amazing entries!  Unfortunatley I've been crazy busy so wasn't able to contribute this contest, but there were some incredibly talented entries this time!

As for a suggestion, not sure if this has been done but how about a static image that conveys motion or movement?  It can be done using creative placement of objects in the scene or with the motion blur feature. In photography this is generally done in two ways: 1) the object is in focus and the background is blurred, or 2) the background is in focus and hte object is blurred.

Disclaimer: I've never tried this in Carrara, but I've always been meaning to - just need an excuse!

Hey thanks I got my prize, much obliged Larsen for your generosity,

looks terrific!!!

https://www.daz3d.com/chateau-blanche :)

Chateau Blanche in Vendor, Larsen,  3D Models by Daz 3D

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

Wonderful model and render!

Yes! It 's Larsen's promo image , sorry I didnt say that!