Need help with the Item: Andromedas Legend for Genesis

yandrisyandris Posts: 93
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hello at all,

did anybody have the Item Andromedas Legend for Genesis and can tell me how to let the included Poses work right?
Everytime i want to pose my genesis figur with one of the pose-presets the chains will do anything but not go with the figure.
I first thougth that the chains are static props but in the scene-tab i could see that every part of the chain has a bone.
If i tried to twist the chain manualy it works, but then my studio hangs up.

So i want to use a included Pose. But first the Poses without (V5) in the name did not work at all and the Poses with the (V5) in the name work on my genesis (base figure without any morphs) but let the chains "undock" from the two sticks on the environement. the chains folow the figure (genesis) but did not move itself.

hope it is not to heavy to understand what i mean, but my english is a bit rusty ;-)

thanks for help

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,097
    edited December 1969

I suspect the poses with V5 apply to Geensis, and the other poses to the chain set.

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985
    edited February 2013

Each pose set has two poses. One for Genesis V5 and one for the chains. For instance, the first pose set is

Chains = Pose01_Chains
    Genesis V5 = Pose01_V5

Here's how to setup the scene and apply the poses.

1. Load the Alter
    2. Load Genesis, apply the V5 shape
    3. Load the Chains, make sure they are "fit to" Genesis
    4. With the Chains figure selected, apply the Pose00V5Chains

You should have the Genesis with the cuff/chains and the chain is attached to the two columns on the Alter.

To apply Pose Set 1

1. With Genesis selected, apply pose Pose01_V5
    2. With the Chains selected, apply post Pose01_Chains

You're image should look like this...

sample.jpg
    782 x 768 - 53K
    Post edited by Lindsey on
  • yandrisyandris Posts: 93
    edited December 1969

Hello,

thats it !

Thanks for the help! :-)

• edited December 1969

Hiya, I'm new to Daz Studio. I purchased and downloaded the Andromeda Legend pack and I'm having problems with the chains. I want to create my own poses but whenever I "fit" the chains to my genesis figure I can't pose the chain links at all, they think they're part of the genesis figure. They only move whenever I move an arm or a leg and it distorts the model. Can anyone explain to me what I'm doing wrong?

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914
    edited December 1969

In this case, what I did was posed my figure and did not set the chains to "fit to".
    I then had to go through each of the chain's links and manually pose the chain so it lined up with the alter and the figure.