Carrara 8.5 trial?

edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I'd like to try this and see how hard it is to get saved posed and dressed Genesis figures into a Carrara scene and render. Is the 8.5 version
for trail anywhere?

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited February 2013

cramlow said:
    I'd like to try this and see how hard it is to get saved posed and dressed Genesis figures into a Carrara scene and render. Is the 8.5 version
    for trail anywhere?

It's still in beta and may only be available to owners of the production build of C8 Pro. Not 100% on that though.

Post edited by evilproducer on
  • Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

cramlow said:
    for trail anywhere?

It's still in beta and may only be available to owners of the production build of C8 Pro. Not 100% on that though.
    Yes that's correct. According to the thread in the Common Forum here  --> http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/4700/

"We are including the 8.5 Beta in your purchase of Carrara 8 or Carrara 8 Pro. You can run the production build of Carrara 8.1 side by side with this Beta build. Just don’t uninstall 8.1 version when you install this beta release."

I was able to download it because I had already purchased C8, and both were included when I reset my downloads recently.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

Bummer. Come on over, I'll show you around.

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Genesis can be clothed and posed right in carrara 8.5, probably as well as studio. Only issue is skins.

• edited December 1969

Thank you everyone for your help.

ManStan - when you say skins are an issue, can you please elaborate what you mean?