Is there a 'Render Preview' window?

edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi there

Been learning the ropes for about a month now and have found these forums very useful but i have a question that i can't find a related post for.

I'm getting to grips with lighting and most recently shadows. Watched the DAZ tutorial 'Great Art Now 5.1 Lighting' and in it shadows were clearly visable before rendering.

Been trying the same thing but i can't find a way to enable this - if it is possible for me.

Using DAZ Studio 4.5 Pro.

Cheers for any help that may be given :) I'll probably work it out myself given time but hopefully this will be quicker.

Comments

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,405
    edited December 1969

baffled13 said:
    Hi there

Been learning the ropes for about a month now and have found these forums very useful but i have a question that i can't find a related post for.

I'm getting to grips with lighting and most recently shadows. Watched the DAZ tutorial 'Great Art Now 5.1 Lighting' and in it shadows were clearly visable before rendering.

Been trying the same thing but i can't find a way to enable this - if it is possible for me.

Using DAZ Studio 4.5 Pro.

Cheers for any help that may be given :) I'll probably work it out myself given time but hopefully this will be quicker.

They're probably using the Spot Render function. If you look at the top of the window, there are a series of icons including one shaped like a camera. If you click on that and drag a marquie over the screen (or around any p art thereof), it will do a spot render of that selected area so you can see what it will look like rendered.
  • edited December 1969

Works great, thanks very much!