Carrara Render Node Help

Greetings Everyone,

I am an old Carrara user who has been away for a number of years do to a lack of a computer. I finally have a computer again and I am trying to get back in the swing of things with Carrara 8.1 - I downloaded my install files for Carrara and it installed just fine but I do not see the install file for the Render Node software for my second computer. I have tried searching the store and I am not finding the download link there or in my account. Is it still available?

Thanks!

Comments

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

is this what you seek? https://www.daz3d.com/grid-for-carrara

• Jay VersluisJay Versluis Posts: 249

Nah, Grid is not what you're looking for. That's only needed if your render nodes exceed 24 cores or so.

Render Node is part of the Carrara Pro download. The easiest way to install it on your second machine is probably with Install Manager. Render Node should come up as a separate install. Failing that, on the DAZ website, under your Product Library, it should show as a separate installer.

If neither is the case, could it be that you've bought the non-pro version of Carrara? Because that didn't come with Render Node afaik.

• @HeadWax - Thanks mate but that was not it smiley

@Jay Versluis - I do have pro and when I bought it many many years ago Render Node showed up in my list of purchased programs on my Daz3d account list. Now it does not. Install Manager is something new to me so I will have to give that a try and see if that works. Thanks!

• Ok I installed the Install Manager but Carrara Render Node does not show up on my list. Thanks for the advice Jay but it looks like there might be something wrong with my account. I will have to reach out to Daz next and see what they can do for me.

• Jay VersluisJay Versluis Posts: 249

Good idea, Dale - I'm sure they'll be able to help you. Let us know how thi sgets resolved.

Who knows, maybe Render Node has been updated to 8.5 and discontinued for Carrara 8.1? Doesn't make sense... once purchased should mean forever usable. Another Carrara Puzzle that begs to be solved!

Good luck!

• Any chance there is some hickup with the filter settings in DIM ? try to show hidden to make sure it's not there, should not have anything to do with it as they are both Carrara but you never know...

• Yes I did try ticking the hidden file option in Install Manager and it did not change anything. Thanks for the input though Mikael!

I got a standard "we have received your help request" mesage from Daz today. We will see how long it takes to get more information from them.

Do any other owners of Carrar 8.1 Pro see the Render Node client software in your program list for your Daz account or the install manager?

• de3ande3an Posts: 915

In my product library I still see Carrara 5 Pro, Carrara 6.2 Pro, Carrara 7 Pro, Carrara 8.1 Pro, and Carrara 8.5 Pro.

But I only see render nodes for Carrara 6.2 and 8.5.

I have downloaded versions of the render nodes for Carrara 7 and 8.1, so they used to be there.

(Not sure if Carrara 5 came with render nodes.)

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Just checked.  Same here.  Render nodes included for 6.2 pro and 8.5 pro.

• @De3an & @Diomede - Thanks for looking guys. I wonder if the Render Node Software for 8.5 Pro works with 8.1 Pro. I got a reply to my help ticket from a real person today and I was instructed to go into my Daz account and select Carrara and it will be in the download section on the right. I thanked them for the reply and sent them screen shots showing them that it does not show up in that section. We will see what they say tomorrow smiley I just hope that users who did not pay to upgrade to 8.5 Pro are not out in the cold on this issue.

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

This was good detective work.  And I hope that CS resolves the issue for you.

However, 8.5 is being sold so cheaply these days ($20 on occasion), that even if you can't get an 8.1 render node version, purchasing 8.5 will not set you back too much.

• Thanks everyone for your help getting to the bottom of this issue. Daz's official position is they have killed off the Render Node Client for Carrara 8 Pro and you are forced to upgrade to 8.5 Pro. I know that Carrara 8.5 Pro does bring some new options to the toolbox but I am extreamly frustrated to have to spend $$$ to be able to use software that I have been using in the past. Considering how much money I have spent with Daz for older versions of Carrara and resources, shaders etc this feels like a thumb in the eye sad