Michael 5 and Town and Country clothes problem

edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

So i bought both Micheal 5 and the Town and Contry clothes pack, I'm using Poser Pro 2012. When i try to conform the pants to Michael 5 everything works correctly, I can move the figure around and pose it as I need and the pants move as they are suppoused to. The problem is when I add the shirt (both long and short sleeves) the shirt conforms perfectly to Micheal 5 but when I try to pose the figure, the neck part of the shirt completly moves out the other way and ends up flying all over the place. It looks as if the neck part was conformed to the head of Micheal 5 because when I only move the head the neck of the shirt moves too and when i move the neck of the shirt the head of Micheal 5 moves too.

So I can't seem to find a way out ¿Any ideas?

Best Regards

Comments

• mackis3Dmackis3D Posts: 44
    edited April 2013

Both shirts of Mada's TnC miss the "bend" option in the "neck" part. If I knew how to correct/add this in DAZ Studio (under "Rotation") I would have done that myself. For some reason the problem is only visible in Poser but not in DAZ Studio. So I assume that's the reason why so far no one except you and me may have noticed it. They've lost the Poser consumers even though I'm starting to like it now, playing with the essentials and M5 in Poser since the DSON transporter really works fine.

Post edited by mackis3D on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,933
    edited December 1969

If you can see the slider in Ds but not in Poser it's probably set to Hidden and you have DS set to show hidden parameters. You can either unhide it and resave as a morph asset, or you can use on of the unhide scripts for Poser to show it.

edited April 2013

No. It's not hidden. You can't see the slider in DS. Also the left shoulder and right shoulder miss the option to bend.

You cannot change that by unhide in Poser because it's just not an information that comes with the original dsf-file. Just look for yourself in DS. Open the long and short shirt from Mada's TnC and click at the neck and the left and right shoulder part : there is no option for bend under Posing-Rotation and nothing is hidden there - it's just not there but it has to be. It still works in DS but in Poser you have the result as mentioned in the OP's comment.

edited December 1969

The Bend parameters are there but hidden, at least in the cases I've looked at. In DS right-click on the tab of the Parameters pane, or click the menu button, and enable Show Hidden Parameters - you should then see the Bend parameter greyed out. Click the gear icon at the right-hand end of its slider, select Parameter Settings from the menu and in the dialogue uncheck Hidden, then save as a .duf file and create Poser Companion Files (or, as I said, try using one of the unhide Python scripts for Poser)

edited December 1969

Thanks for your answer! I can unhide it in DS as you've described. Still does not solve the problem in Poser.

You know a new DUF file and Poser companion files still rely on the DSF file in DATA.

It's the CountryShirt.dsf and UptownShirt.dsf in the path data-mada-TnC-TnC_ShirtLong and ...-TnC_ShirtShort. These files contain the wrong information about the neck, the left shoulder and the right shoulder that affect their appearance in Poser. These files are not changed if I create DUF files and I cannot open those DSF files from DATA within DS to do it myself if I understand correctly.

edited December 1969

Saving a Character preset for the changed (unhidden sliders0 version and making Poser Companion Files for that doesn't work?

edited April 2013

You cannot save a cloth item as a character preset - you save it as a wearable preset before you create the Poser companion files. Nothing of that does change the information in the DSF file in the corresponding file under DATA.