Tutorial or Advice Needed!

Hey guys, I need help with animations and no, this isn't a technical problem or a bug. But anyway, I am trying to do some animations for my project I'm working on, but the problem is getting them to look realistic and what I mean by realistic, well... Here's an example of my problem.

"Let's say I want to make my character do a Handstand. Here is how my key frame would look:

Frame 0: Character gets into position

Frame 5: Character is halfway with one hand on ground and bent over.

Frame 10: Handstand complete!"

Well when transitioning from frame 5 to frame 10, the entire character will transition backwards on the Z Axis and stop at the position on the grid instead of going forward.

So I guess my question is, how do I get set each joint or whatever to a certain point on the grid?

Comments

• ebergerlyebergerly Posts: 3,255
    edited June 2017

Sounds like you need to make some additional keyframes to tell the computer where on the XYZ coordinates you want your character to be.

The computer can only guess what  you want the character to do in-between the keyframes you specifically set (for postion, rotation, etc.). If it guesses wrong, then you need to add additional keyframes at the "key" points in the animation. 

Sounds like you never told the computer you want the character to move on the Z axis.

Post edited by ebergerly on