Custom interface themes?

Hello all..

So, besides being a very cool little tutorial, I was taken with the color theme of the Carrara interface in this video...

Is there some explanation somewhere of how to do that? I've not been able to find anything.

I'd like to have a nice dark gray and green interface myself :p

Comments

• mikael-aronssonmikael-aronsson Posts: 549
    edited June 2017

Look in the "User Interface Color Preferences" section in the manual, it's on page 40 in the V7 PDF.

Post edited by mikael-aronsson on
  • WsCGWsCG Posts: 391

Oh nice! Go figure, it's right in the manual lol.

I've been using a number of programs lately that have rather round-about ways of changing the color scheme for a program, via pre-made themes, having to edit a text file somewhere, etc. I went off looking for something like that. Probably why I couldn't find it :p.

Thanks!

• rk66rk66 Posts: 438

This Settings are saved in the preferences.txt.

In Windows you can find the file "C:\Users\>Your Name<\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Carrara 8.5".

But use it with caution! Make first a backup.

• WsCGWsCG Posts: 391
    rk66 said:

This Settings are saved in the preferences.txt.

In Windows you can find the file "C:\Users\>Your Name<\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Carrara 8.5".

But use it with caution! Make first a backup.

Ah thanks!

Actually, I found just doing it right through the Preferences window was quite painless and got exactly what I was after. Changing 3 options did the trick. I like how the program automatically creates a gradient and then assigns different value % to the correct areas. Very handy!