Daz 4 Transfer Morphs from Genesis to Genesis

edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

After much dinking around with Transfer utility I have been unable to discover how you transfer morphs from one char to another.

Can someone please share how to transfer morphs from a genesis character to another one?

I bought a figure from Adam T's site and Colleen only have 3 morphs in the nose and none of which help her look less like Shawn Pen. I thought it was possible to transfer some of the basic morphs that come with genesis over to Colleen so I can tweak her nose a little more so i'ts not so masculine looking.

Any advice?

I've already visited these two links and they were of no help for this task:

http://66.180.192.247/viewtopic.php?t=175482&sid=49feacdbf7089b5937d3cbf20b4d2360

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/interface/action/index/dztransferutilityaction/start

transfer.JPG
462 x 624 - 50K

Comments

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,322
    edited December 1969

If you use the Genesis Colleen then you can dial any of Genesis morphs you have to reduce the nose, theres no need to transfer the morphs.
    I'm pretty sure that you can't transfer Genesis morphs to V4.

• edited June 2012

Maybe I'm doing something in error because these are the only morphs I see when I load the figure in Daz.

Nose Width,
    Nose Height,
    Nose crooked

Post edited by cmramlow_f99ac453ff on
    edited December 1969

Umm - Is it the same in the Parameters tab?

• edited December 1969

Just about the same; nose wrinkle and nostril flare are my only 2 nose morphing options in the parameters tab.

edited December 1969

Which Morphs packs do you have?
    Have you tried loading a fresh Genesis and dialing in the Colleen character?

• edited December 1969

I dont have any morph packs, just what comes with Daz and unfortunately Colleen is a figure I see that I can click on and load, but there are no dials for her. Isn't there any way to transfer morphs between v4/v5/genesis?

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

I think Adam uses DSF presets in general to load his shapes, which either load a new Genesis figure into your scene or apply to an existing Genesis figure. If it is anything similar to other Genesis shapes by him (I don't own Colleen, but I own the Genesis Baby), a dialog box should open if you got a Genesis figure in the scene already selected, asking you whether you want a new figure in the scene or apply it to the current.

Now, the morphs/shapes on your Genesis depend on which Genesis morph packs you got installed. All of these can be found via 'Parameter' tab or 'Shaping' tab. In general there is no need to transfer morphs between Genesis figures, since Genesis usually makes all morphs available that are available to you - with the exception of some scene formats, which may only present a 'snapshot' of shapes, but there is also a way to get new morphs into such scene files.

Transferring of morphs between V4 and Genesis (which is a different thing) can be done via the Content Creation Tools included in DAZ Studio Pro or e.g. by using the GenX tool sold at DAZ. I am using the GenX tool for that personally.

Additionally, according to the README of Colleen (ReadMeColleen.txt), there should be a head shape for Colleen, which should be available via "Head/Female/Real World" in the shaping tab I guess. The body shape is probably 'dialed' using evolution morphs.

Which morphs are you specifically missing which you got available on Genesis base, but not on Colleen? I got quite a few Nose morphs on my Genesis, but I also got a couple Genesis morph packs installed.

• edited December 1969

It's becoming clear to me that Gen X is what I need to get past some of the hurdles I have been encountering, and I think a purchase of V5 may be in order here shortly as well.

Thanks all for the advice!

• Oom FooyatOom Fooyat Posts: 0
    edited June 2012

You can try to select Collen and click on the Genesis in Smart Content/People, select "Apply the character to the current selected Figure(s)" and "Accept" this will replace Collen with default Genesis. Now "Undo" (Edit menu or ctrl-z) and you will get Collen back, hopefully with all the Genesis morphs. I use this to update Genesis when I test new morphs. It doesn't work every time, but usually it do the trick. Worth a try.

Cheers! Oom

edit
    It's not that simple that the other morphs are hidden?

Post edited by Oom Fooyat on
  • edited December 1969

Oom - you're a genius! It worked, thanks! Case closed. :)

• Oom FooyatOom Fooyat Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

cramlow said:
    Oom - you're a genius! It worked, thanks! Case closed. :)

Then you are a genius too ;) I did exactly what you did, I had a problem and asked for help on the forum.
    Good to know it worked.