GoZ to DS problem

plankspankerplankspanker Posts: 15
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hi!

I used GoZ to modify a V4 figure. It worked great! The figure went back to DS from ZBrush without a hitch and the morph dial was there and functioned perfectly.
However, after saving the scene to the Scene folder in My Library and opening the scene again, the figure appears as big square blocks. All scenes created without GoZ open fine.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks for any help you can provide.

Robert

Comments

• linvanchenelinvanchene Posts: 1,360
    edited February 2013

Hi!

I used GoZ to modify a V4 figure. It worked great! The figure went back to DS from ZBrush without a hitch and the morph dial was there and functioned perfectly.
    However, after saving the scene to the Scene folder in My Library and opening the scene again, the figure appears as big square blocks. All scenes created without GoZ open fine.
    What am I doing wrong?
    Thanks for any help you can provide.

Robert

I just tried if I could replicate the error with my DS4.5.1.56 version.
    I was able to save and load a scene with a Genesis character and a custom zbrush morph imported with GoZ.

- - -

Just to make sure:
    What is the draw style selected in the upper right corner?

Its the sphere icon next to "Perspective view"

Default draw style should be "texture shaded" and not "Solid Bounding Box".

Speculation: Maybe if a mesh with problems with extremly stretched polygons is loaded the solid Bounding Box draw style is forced when loading. Try to switch it back to default "texture shaded" manualy.

A general thing to watch when creating morphs with zbrush is to only use brushes that move polygons and do not add / remove polygons.

Some extreme morphs may cause problems if polygons are stretched too far and / or holes are generated.

Post edited by linvanchene on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,336
    edited December 1969

Although assets that aren't saved to an asset file should be saved with the scene, and are for Genesis and other TriAx figures, there do seem to be problems with legacy figures such as V4 - the blocks indicate a missing asset, replaced with a rounded block for its bounding box. I'm not sure what, if anything, you can do - other than make sure you save an OBJ version or a ZBrush .ztl tool file so you can rebuild the morph.

• plankspankerplankspanker Posts: 15
    edited December 1969

Well, V5 works perfectly with ZBrush and that's good enough for me!
    Thanks for the advice!

• iridiusiridius Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Same problem here, but with Genesis 2 and v6 figures :(
    After saving figure in daz3d with morph (from zbrush) and opening the scene again i see only square blocks :( nothing help, i tryed all style and views.

Can some1 help?

Reg.

edited December 1969

At the moment, using the production build of DS, you need to export the subtool as an OBJ from ZBrush and then load it as a morph using the modo preset for the OBJ import. This has, as I recall, been fixed - I think in the public beta.

• ratus69_c6741fefbfratus69_c6741fefbf Posts: 32
    edited December 1969

hello Richard,

I'm having the same issue with goZ and V6
    I've exported via Zbrush the file as obj and then I load it in Daz with Import command but there's no option to import as a morph..

can you be more specific on how to proceed to import the obj as a morph ?

thanks a lot

edited January 2014

ok I've found that I have to use Morph Loader Pro

first of all it was not working, using morph was decreasing the height of genesis without applying morph

I re-export obj in Zbrush and relaunch morph loader pro and apply the settings you told us of modo units and it worked like a charm !!

the morp has to be applied on genesis model without any morph already apllied otherwise it won't work fine

well I hope this bug will be fixed because it's not very confortable to do such manipulation and Goz is now useless with genesis 2....

Post edited by ratus69_c6741fefbf on
    edited December 1969

arf finaly it's not working that good : when I pose genesis it's ok but if I apply the morph genesis get deformed weird !!

too bad...

edited December 1969

As far as I know the GoZ naming issue has been fixed for a while, though I admit I haven't tested it.

If your morph causes the figure to deform when posed it's likely that you need to adjust the rigging - there are tools in DS to do this pretty quickly. if you post a screen shot (untextured, please, since it will presumably be a naked figure) it may be possible to confirm that.

• nickalamannickalaman Posts: 196
    edited December 1969

I used to have similar problems with v6.

This works for me.

once zbrush exports to daz.

I go to parameters and test my morph.

If it works, I set it to zero then go to fIle, save as, support asset, morph asset. make sure your vendor name is filled in, it will then create a support asset in the data folder under genesis with your name as the vendor.

scroll down the list of morphs until you found the zbrush morp you just created. Make sure only that morph is selected and then save.

If done correctly the next time you load genesis 2, that morph will appear in your parameters, it will also appear in all your saved characters..

edited December 1969

Thanks Richard and nickalaman !

@nickalaman : I did already this but nothing appear in morphs for genesis2 (no pb with gen1)

@Richard : your answer made me realized that I'm using an old version of Daz (4.6.0.18) !!!!!

I will try this new version hoping it will fix this problem

thanks again !

edited December 1969

I'm pretty sure 4.6.0.18 did have the naming bug so the update should fix it.