Daz building buzz for Studio for 2nd half of year

DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
edited June 2017 in Carrara Discussion

Here is a post by Daz_Steve in the Commons. Note that an official Daz person is trying to build buzz for Studio in the near term.  In contrast, Daz officials try to kill buzz for Bryce, Hexagon, and Carrara.  If planning to continue to use Studio as a plugin for Carrara, I'd recommend keeping a 2nd current version of Studio that does not get updated with the upcoming exciting new developments for Studio.  2nd old computer? Continued compatibility with Bryce, Hexagon, and Carrara is not being assured, and its not because they won't comment on ANY upcoming developments, because clearly they are willing to do so for Studio.  Hopefully, keeping a 2nd un-updated version of Studio will not be necessary and Studio will remain compatible with other programs, but be prudent if you can.

Quote from Daz_Steve

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/176481/genesis-8-some-stats-and-our-thanks

In 2015 Genesis 3 launched and was by far the most rapidly and broadly adopted of any of our figure generations to date.  Two years later, with day one behind us, Genesis 8 has 59% greater adoption than Genesis 3 did at the end of day one, and it appears to be widening that margin even more.  We're obviously please and excited by this.  But we're also appreciative.  Thank you all for all you do to support our efforts and encourage us. 

We have some really big things planned for the back half of this year.  We think it will surprise and impress a lot of you.  We understand that change is not without pain, but we are committed to always improving, advancing, and moving forward.  We're pleased that so many of you have chosen to take that journey with us.

Our humble thanks,

Daz 3D 

Post edited by Diomede on

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

only thing i seem to do in studio these days is convert to blended weight, swap uvs.  

i like ds, but for animating, mebbe they fixed it by now,
    but just moving something across the floor it bounced/oscillated out of nowhere, still traumatized

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    Mistara said:

only thing i seem to do in studio these days is convert to blended weight, swap uvs.  

i like ds, but for animating, mebbe they fixed it by now,
    but just moving something across the floor it bounced/oscillated out of nowhere, still traumatized

its the way the camera and everything else is tweened

Carrara you can press keyframe and all parameters are checked, D|S only does the active one so if x translate for example y turn tweens from before or worse still first time along timeline later you adjust it, there is no 0 second keyframe so if you move something last frame that becomes first frame default.

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited June 2017

Good idea to go to that thread and say that we want Carrara 9 . 

And you you have to use the words "oooh, oooh, 

Post edited by Headwax on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

lol

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited June 2017

Love it, Stezza!  And I posted an oooh, oooh, Carrara, message in the Commons, HW.

Here is my first attempt to bring V8 to carrara using obj.  Having trouble with the shaders.

g8 in Carrara as obj.JPG
    1564 x 959 - 158K
    Post edited by Diomede on
    edited June 2017
    Diomede said:

Love it, Stezza!  And I posted an oooh, oooh, Carrara, message in the Commons, HW.

Here is my first attempt to bring V8 to carrara using obj.  Having trouble with the shaders.

OOOhh ooh, I like the shaders, I think they have a certain '  je nais se quoi'

nice drums Stezza, good to bang them er I mean axe to grind :)

Diomede said:

Post edited by Headwax on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited June 2017
    Diomede said:

And I added a post saying we din't want to be integrated into D|S, neither the Carrara people nor the Bryce ones. Will probably be scolded for adding it.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Glad you made your point. Hope you don't get your knuckles cudgeled.  wink

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945
    Chohole said:
    Diomede said:

And I added a post saying we din't want to be integrated into D|S, neither the Carrara people nor the Bryce ones. Will probably be scolded for adding it.

We'll support you Chohole!

Thanks Pam !

• ScarletX1969ScarletX1969 Posts: 587
    Chohole said:

I think the only thing I would like as far as integration with D|S would be if I build a scene in Daz Studio and then moved it over into Carrara.  But they would probably have to make an Iray renderer for Carrara at that point.

Other than that, Carrara should stay Carrara.  I like D|S but I absolutely love Carrara.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988
    Chohole said:
    Diomede said:

yay...

you may be able to join the 1 9 8 4 club devil

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

is a logarithm never cycles down to 5 smiley