Install Manager - No Metadata?

OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123

I tried the Install Manager for the first time (with Aiko 5). I added the new install directory to the DS, and I can see the new product in the content library view; but I do not see it in Smart Content. I reset and rebuilt the database; but Aiko 5 still does not show up in 'Figures'. I checked before doing the re-import of the metadata, and DS does see Aiko 5 on the list of products. However, I watched as the import approached the end of the import, and it seemed to quit before it got to the newer products. Everything prior to Aiko 5 does seem to be in the Smart Content database.

What am I missing here? Is there a separate metadata download that I'm not seeing?

Post edited by Ostadan on

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

That sounds like database corruption. If you are using DS4.5, and you have made custom categories, Export User Data, reset the database, and reimport metadata.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

Hi Ostaban,,
    I do not know your CMS get corruption or not,,

you can see Aiko5 in contnt library, as people>genesis>Aiko,,
    but it appoint real folda structure under your content directory.

if you chack category in content library, Aiko should be in Figure category.

Smart content show files as "Category" which you can see in content library,
    so Aiko5 is not People category.

(I think People category of smart content is not used about new product.
    DAZ decide new category and types to organize more clear,
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/dson_spec/format_description/metadata/categories/start

eg(in smart content,, we needed to serch material files or poze files,
    Preset category, but now each preset files are categorized as material, of poze)

but there may be many exception about each product,, I think.

• OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123
    edited December 1969

(edited original to say 'Figures' instead of 'People')

As I said, I did a reset of the database, and a new import (I do not have custom categories). Is there something else to do? It appears not to be seeing metadata for the new products at all. As a technical matter, where is it supposed to look for new metadata? The old-school 'RunOnce' library directory hasn't been touched; and I don't see anything like a metadata file in the .zip install file.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited February 2013

I install AIko5 (ds 4.5 windows 64 and use DIM)
    there is meta-data.
    and all categorize seems no problem about Aiko5 .:down:

then can you show your Content Directory manager setting?
    when you use DIM and set new directory,
    you need to set new directory and tell the directory to CMS,
    as ds default content directory, by Content Directory manager n ds 4.5.

(I think you did so,, but confrim to your setting,, to find where is problem):roll:

if you already set up it , try to re install meta-data only
    only check on DAZ 3D 18552 Aiko 5.
    then how it work?

And if DIM installed meta-data ,
    you can find it ,, your new ds contents folda (mylibrary etc)/runtime/support/)

then serch files with Aiko 5 in the support directory, if there is not,, DIM did not install meta-data yet.
    but I can find meta-data in zip which downloaded another folda,, ,after extract zip.(there is support directory)

DIM.JPG
    669 x 737 - 68K
    aiko5.JPG
    1133 x 673 - 119K
    Post edited by kitakoredaz on