Any chance there are shader folders?

Wondering if there's any way to create folders under the Shaders tab. My library is getting pretty massive and it's a little challenging to keep everything organized. 

Comments

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

just make a folder in My Computer and add it to the shader browser.

then start saving shaders to it. by dragging and dropping into it from the shaders list

scrap1.jpg
    2485 x 617 - 136K
  • BC RiceBC Rice Posts: 591
    head wax said:

just make a folder in My Computer and add it to the shader browser.

then start saving shaders to it. by dragging and dropping into it from the shaders list

Not perfectly clear on this. I checked in my Program Files where all the standard DAZ shaders are gathered. Didn't see the shaders I'd created in Carrara. I'm assuming you want me to create a folder in that folder (wherever those Carrara shaders I've made are stored), and then that folder will appear under the shaders tab?

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    edited June 2017

The folders you create for shaders, objects,  etc., can be almost anythere on your computer.  And you can name them anything you want.

Look at HW's picture.  On the left side are the shader folders.  On the right side is the little black button that lets you "add folder"s.

Make a folder on your computer, place it where you want (it can be anywhere *except within Carrara's application folder* - edited because of 3DAGE's comment), then open Carrara, and add that folder to your shader browser by clicking that little black button and finding the folder.  The folder will now show up in your browser.  You can then load Carrara shaders directly into that folder from Carrara, or copy and paste Carara shaders from other sources.

Post edited by UnifiedBrain on
  • 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

Your own personal shaders,. Objects, etc,. are NOT stored within Carrara's application folder,. please don't add to that folder.

Your own presets are all stores in "Users /yourname/  My Documents/ Daz3D /Carrara_/presets /

you can create multiple folders inside any of those preset folders for your own objects / shaders etc,..

Hope it helps

• BC RiceBC Rice Posts: 591

Got it. Thanks :)

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

or if you don't want the folders on the OS drive like me... copy the structure to your second drive and add the extra folders needed and edit your Carrara Preference file to point to the new location..

but only do this if you are confident in doing so. cool