Converting Poser Dynamic Clothing to Genesis using DazStudio 4.5

edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

Ok.. Here is something fun I just discovered and thought I would pass along to the other Poser users here.

I own some Dynamic Clothing for M4 that I like using for my characters. Now I'm playing with Genesis, but the closer fitting dynamic clothes don't seem to fit in poser. Then I thought of a work around.

You load up DazStudio 4.5 and applied your character morphs to Genesis. Then you to your content library and add your poser runtime. Mousing over the dynamic clothing you drag it onto Genesis and do the auto fit. Next, in the scene tab, you drag the dynamic clothing out of the genesis figure tree. Delete Genesis and export the clothing as a Wavefront Object. Set your settings to Poser Format when you do this so the scaling is correct.

Import the object into Poser and it now fits your character properly! YAY! No trying to fiddle with the characters arms to get them back in the sleeves! Best of all, you can save it into your Props folder for later use.

Boojum the brown bunny

Comments

• eclark1849eclark1849 Posts: 211
    edited December 1969

Couldn't you just scale the clothing up a notch in Poser?

• edited December 1969

If you scale it up then the waist, elbows, sleeve ends, and armpits do not line up properly. Also, it ends up fitting like a shirt 3 sizes to large. This way it can fit as close as a regular shirt.

Boojum the brown bunny