Carrara screen render problem

More2burnMore2burn Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hi, I have a textured model that was made in Hex then exported to 3dCoat for the UV and texture.then back to hex and exported and sent to Carrara 8 Pro. When I open the file in Carrara I see the texture on the model and then when I move the camera it gets all messed up. I changed from OpenGL to Software and it is still messed up but in a different way. flipping the texture doesn't fix this. I cant post pictures because It's for a commercial project. Tried all the file types that export from Hex and 3dCoat and import into Carrara and some didn't load the texture at all. Can you import or export UV maps and weight maps to/from Carrara?

Is there any issues with ATI cards? I'm running windows 7 64bit.

Comments

• wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

how does it look when you render it?

• More2burnMore2burn Posts: 0
    edited March 2013

Texture is correct when it's rendered out but not correct when working on the model in the normal screen render. (On another note, I was going to ask how to make the finished renders look the same as the regular screen renders in Hex, 3dCoat, etc. but maybe I should make a new thread for that? Right now it's reflecting a lot of light when I render it out in Carrara and I need it to look more flat with no reflection. I didn't mess around with it too much though so maybe I can figure it out later. ) So any ideas as to why the texture is messed up even though it isn't? Hope this isn't too confusing.

Post edited by More2burn on
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Since you can't post an image of your model, maybe you can post an screen capture of your shader settings, as it sounds like that is the issue with the shininess.

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

Which version of Carrara 8 pro are you using ?

It should be C8.1.1.12

There was an issue with ATI cards some time ago,. but I believe that it was fixed in Carrara,. but,.. you may also want to check for updated ATI drivers for your card.

As Evil Producer mentioned,. the shader room is where you want to go to fix the Highlight / Shininess / Reflection etc..

I was going to ask how to make the finished renders look the same as the regular screen renders in Hex, 3dCoat, etc.

I believe that would be an OpenGL view,. which is the equivalent of Carrara's Textured preview option, but I'm not aware of an option to actually render out an open GL version from Carrara

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Please pardon my absent mindedness, I run an ATI card and there was some setting I had to change in order to get the textures to look right in the assembly room, but I can't recall what it was. It was a carrara setting and I'll hunt through to see if I can find it.

• More2burnMore2burn Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the response.
    @evilproducer Yes, I will try messing around with it for a while and see if I can't figure something out first.

@3DAGE My version isn't up to date so I'll go fix this. So, the "Textured preview option" is what you see when working on the model then? If I understand correctly, this can't render out?

@ManStan I will go install the newest version and hope this is the fix. I'll let you know if it works.

Thanks for all the help guys.