Released: Wounds and Blood for Genesis 8 Females + MR (commercial)

SF-DesignSF-Design Posts: 986

https://www.daz3d.com/wounds-and-blood-for-genesis-8-female-s-and-merchant-resource

Do you need some wounds, scratches, cuts, bruises and blood for your Genesis 8 Female(s)?

This product comes with a wide variety of Layered Image Editor (LIE) materials, created from actual photo references of wounds, for all body parts to add different kinds of wounds, bruises, cuts and blood to all your Genesis 8 Female(s).  Best of all, this product is a MERCHANT RESOURCE!

Easily mix and match different presets to cover your character with realistic blood, wounds, and bruises.  Now, with the NEW WOUNDS & BLOOD LAYER EDITOR, you also get an extremely fast and easy to use editor for editing the most common properties of your wounds and blood layers.  Show or hide layers, change their opacity (great for making a wound appear older and healing), and flip the layers to move them to the opposite sides of the body.  The NEW WOUNDS & BLOOD LAYER EDITOR automatically displays all wounds and blood on the selected figure (no more hunting for the correct surfaces), and it quickly and automatically updates all 4 channels used by wound and blood presets (i.e., Base Color, Translucency Color, Glossy Color and Top Coat Color).  Of course, you can always also use the Layered Image Editor to exactly adjust the position of your wounds and blood layers, and even manually apply the layer image maps to any surface, such as clothing, props, floors, walls, etc.

A short manual is included, with tips and hints as well as an explanation of how to add the layers to a clothing item.

This product is a MERCHANT RESOURCE. Please refer to the included Manual or Readme file for how it may be used. All wounds have been created using photo references of real wounds.  This product works with Iray, 3Delight, Luxrender and all other render engines supported by Daz Studio.

Layered Image Presets

• 8 blood presets for arms
  • 10 wound presets for arms
  • 8 blood presets for face
  • 9 wound presets for face
  • 2 bruise presets for face
  • 8 blood presets for legs
  • 10 wound presets for legs
  • 8 blood presets for torso
  • 10 wound presets for torso

Scripts

• Wound and Blood Layer Editor

Image Maps

• 73 Hi Res PNG files (4096x4096)

https://www.daz3d.com/wounds-and-blood-for-genesis-8-female-s-and-merchant-resource

WB_Popup01.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 229K
WB_Popup02.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 394K
WB_Popup03.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 302K
WB_Popup04.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 370K
WB_Popup05.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 360K
WB_Popup06.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 230K
WB_Popup07.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 355K
WB_Popup08.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 290K
WB_Main.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 403K
Post edited by SF-Design on

Comments

• colinmac2colinmac2 Posts: 407

Looking forward to it!

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421

Not specific to this product, I know, but do you have any plans for something like this, except for symmetrical and geometric-placed wounds? I'm trying to create cenobites for a 'Hellraiser' project, but ceremonial/ritualised cuts and slices are what I really need for that.

• SF-DesignSF-Design Posts: 986
    edited June 2017

Not specific to this product, I know, but do you have any plans for something like this, except for symmetrical and geometric-placed wounds? I'm trying to create cenobites for a 'Hellraiser' project, but ceremonial/ritualised cuts and slices are what I really need for that.

hmm, so you mean wounds in the shape of a pentagram or something? I am not familiar with Hellraiser movies :) 
    or brandings? maybe you can show me some samples. We are planning a tattoo product, maybe we could add something like this as well... 

colinmac2 said:

Looking forward to it!

smiley

• stuthursostuthurso Posts: 192

Wow!  Yet another great new product coming from you!!  Do you ever actually sleep at all?!  

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

This looks super useful.  I agree, do you ever sleep lol.

edited June 2017
    stuthurso said:

Wow!  Yet another great new product coming from you!!  Do you ever actually sleep at all?!  

Thank you guys smiley
    Hehe, as this is a joint product with RiverSoftArt and me we can sleep in shifts cool Lol
    but actually I do not sleep very much at the moment, it is sooo warm here in the nights that keeps me from sleeping long, so I rather work than lying sleepless in my bed surprise

SF-Design said:
    stuthurso said:

Thank you guys smiley
    Hehe, as this is a joint product with RiverSoftArt and me we can sleep in shifts cool Lol
    but actually I do not sleep very much at the moment, it is sooo warm here in the nights that keeps me from sleeping long, so I rather work than lying sleepless in my bed surprise

I'm gonna be nosy and ask where you live lol.  Its really warm here in the summer at night as well although it can change daily.  Even with two fans going it can get really warm.

SF-Design said:
    stuthurso said:

Thank you guys smiley

I'm gonna be nosy and ask where you live lol.  Its really warm here in the summer at night as well although it can change daily.  Even with two fans going it can get really warm.

no problem :) I am in Germany, far in the west, so almost in the Netherlands.
    It is kinda unusual for a June here, but we had days with over 30°C , and at nights the room is heated. 
    Where are you if I ma ask?

SF-Design said:

hmm, so you mean wounds in the shape of a pentagram or something? I am not familiar with Hellraiser movies :) 
    or brandings? maybe you can show me some samples. We are planning a tattoo product, maybe we could add something like this as well... 

Looking forward to it!

smiley

Not pentagrams, no. Symmetrical, instead of random: Mirrored, so that they look like a ceremony or ritual.

NSFW: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/a4/cc/17/a4cc174ad4b308eb9f0900f9e3894b47.jpg

A parody cartoon of the Little Mermaid as a cenobite, but uses the same techniques: http://destmelkor.deviantart.com/art/Disney-Cenobites-the-Little-Mermaid-305050397

I'd like to create symmetrical wounds, even if just a long slit down the spine or down each forearm. Dressing a character up in a leather costume and giving them pale skin is only half of it. They need to look as if they've been wounded in this ceremonial way. Otherwise, it's just a generic gothic character, not a cenobite. :)

edited July 2017

Yes, this would be possible, it is just mirroring the layer. Then you get symmetrical wounds. 
    You could do this with the upcoming product when you add the same layer twice and flip the second. 
    I quickly tried that with one wound. This is just a flip now, with some repositionion you can get them wider away from each other or change the height etc. 

test.jpg
    500 x 650 - 190K

Ah! I missed the flip option! That's excellent - sold!

Ah! I missed the flip option! That's excellent - sold!

cool :) yeah it just came to my mind when you said symmetrical :))

Does your similar product for Genesis 3 have the same kind of flipping and reversal ability?

Hi,

no this does not come with a panel and script based controls. 
    This current one here for G8F is a joint product with RiverSoftArt, he made the scripts. 
    When I created the G3F produt last year I did not know him yet :)

Does your similar product for Genesis 3 have the same kind of flipping and reversal ability?

oh, I forgot. The included panel in the G8F version is downward compatible and you can handle the the layers from the G3F version with it too. 
    About the flip feature, this is included, but at the moment the same wound is not supported more than once. 
    However, we have already crated an update, but this will submitted after the release. In the current state it is not possible to submit the update. 
    But you can add the same wound manually with the presets and do the flip manually for it until the update is there. 

Backward-compatibility is always good to hear. I'll purchase both if that means the same feature can apply to G3 in future.

Backward-compatibility is always good to hear. I'll purchase both if that means the same feature can apply to G3 in future.

you can also add the wounds from the G8F product to G3F. The position my vary a little , but it is possible. 

Just to be clear, I do not need to own the Genesis 3 product to use this correct?  It says its required on the sales page but from what I am reading its just backwards compatible and not required?

Just to be clear, I do not need to own the Genesis 3 product to use this correct?  It says its required on the sales page but from what I am reading its just backwards compatible and not required?

Hi, yes, you do not need the G3F version. It is a stand alone product.
    I need to have them correct this. It is not a requirement

edited July 2017

solved

Awesome thanks!  Already bought it, I kind of figured it wasn't required.  Looking forward to playing with this one, it will definitely lessen the amount of post work I will need to do.

Awesome thanks!  Already bought it, I kind of figured it wasn't required.  Looking forward to playing with this one, it will definitely lessen the amount of post work I will need to do.

You are welcome and thank you for your support :) 

• Can this be used for male gensis 8... I am working in a project that needs high realsiticity, and your plugin seems awesome!

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,596

Can this be used for male gensis 8... I am working in a project that needs high realsiticity, and your plugin seems awesome!

yep, I use it on G8 male and female as well as G3 male and female, it works great!

edited July 2018

Can this be used for male gensis 8... I am working in a project that needs high realsiticity, and your plugin seems awesome!

Thank you :) Yes, as FSMCDesigns said, it can be used on those generations. Might need some adjustment in LIE maybe. 

But there will be a new G8M version soon, with more features, band aids, bandages , custom placement (easier) etc. 

• kirbawirbakirbawirba Posts: 121
    edited September 2018
    Hey! Hopefully someone is still watching the thread, but, I just got this and placing the decals is very easy and straightforward, thank you! Is there any way to increase the specularity, or "shinyness" of the blood? I'm afraid I have a lot to learn about this facet of Daz... I'm pretty clueless! Also, where are the .png's stored for importing? I used the DIM and cannot find them anywhere!
    Post edited by kirbawirba on
  • Hi,

sorry for the late reply. I was away some days and only had a very slow internet connection. 

You cannot increase the spec/gloss for the layers only (AFAIK) , you would need to increase the values for the skin surfaces , this will affect the layers as well. 
    But I guess this is not what you are looking for. 

I am not familiar with Daz Connect and how the numbering is of the folders it creates. I would suggest that you do a manual download of the package (from your product library) and then you can find all the image maps in the RUNTIME / TEXTURES folder of the zip archive. 

Hope this helps

• mtnlionrcmtnlionrc Posts: 0

I've got this figure for the SciFi of my two series of books. Print editions are B&W, but the ebooks are color. When I add the blood, it comes up pinkish-purple. In B&W, you alomost can't see it. And I'm thinking that it has to do with the way I'm making her blightly blue-ish. Any suggestion? I've got a screen shot including the Skin Settings I have for Triillian.

blood.jpg
    959 x 1080 - 226K
  • CaetlynCaetlyn Posts: 76

Quick question - is it possible to change the positions of the wounds? I'm looking to use a wound closer to the chest but none of the wounds provided are anywhere near where I want it to be.