Anyway to take a snapshot Of a scene with animation?

Box8068_31c338ee4bBox8068_31c338ee4b Posts: 292
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hello
I am working on relatively long animations. ( some are 4 minutes long)
I would like to animate to a certain point lets say the first 20 seconds, then start a new Carrara Session exactly with all the same object,camera positions and shader settings as where the first ended at 20 seconds. So session 2 session would start at 00, with everything exactly where session 1 ended at 20 seconds. I find If I make a new session and delete all the prior keyframes something seems to always get messed up. get messed up.
Is it possible to open a new session and have it start at zero seconds with everything set where a prior session ended?
Thanks

Comments

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,226
    edited December 1969

8068 said:
    Hello
    I would like to animate to a certain point lets say the first 20 seconds, then start a new Carrara Session exactly with all the same object,camera positions and shader settings as where the first ended at 20 seconds. So session 2 session would start at 00, with everything exactly where session 1 ended at 20 seconds. I find If I make a new session and delete all the prior keyframes something seems to always get messed up. get messed up.
    Is it possible to open a new session and have it start at zero seconds with everything set where a prior session ended?
    Thanks

Not sure I understand, but I can see that deleting the earlier keyframes would mess things up, since the continuity at the 20 second time (in your example) is likely lost. But if everything is really "exactly the same" at the 20 second point, can you just add more time in Carrara's sequencer, say the end is now 40 seconds, but don't delete the earlier keyframes. This is using the same *.car file as in the first render. Then when you render, start the render at 20 seconds rather than zero, and end at 40 seconds.

• EleleElele Posts: 1,097
    edited December 1969

Did you create keyframes for everything at the end of session 1?
    If you delete the previous keyframes without adding keyframes at the end, you basically delete the animation or parts of it.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

8068 said:
    Hello
    Thanks

Hopefully this suggestion will make sense! ;-)

What I've done in the past is set up my scene in the Batch Queue. You can load the same scene multiple times. Let's use three as an example: Load your scene in the top slot and use the default settings. Load your same scene in the second slot, but then change the start and end points in the render settings. Load your scene a third time and change the time again and also switch the render camera. I've done this in the past and has worked great. The scene itself is untouched, just the render settings in the batch queue are overridden.

You will also need to give each rendered file it's own name or it will be overwritten!!! If it's an image sequence, you will want to set it to render each scene to a different folder/directory

• wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Yes, Batch Queue can do this for you, just change the start and end times in the render settings for each instance...

• Frank__Frank__ Posts: 302
    edited December 1969

8068 said:
    Hello
    Thanks

Don't delete all prior keyframes. Move every latest keyframe between 0 and 20sec frame to frame 0. Then delete everything between frame 1 and frame 20sec - 1. Start rendering on frame 20sec (= frame 2). (I don't know your framerate: 20sec on fps 30 would be 600, fps 24 would be 480.) Should work.

• Box8068_31c338ee4bBox8068_31c338ee4b Posts: 292
    edited December 1969

Thanks Everybody!