Big trouble!Help!

edited March 2013 in New Users

Hi,

I've just discovered that the 70 trees I had placed in my scene have disappeared, I have no idea what caused the problem.

In the scene tab remains the group I had formed and the 70 children but they do not appear in the scene and when I select one of them there is nothing appearing under the pointer. Is there a way to restore the trees without having to reinstall them one by one!!!!I'm using DAZ studio 4.5

Thanks in advance

Post edited by jvdesuit1_582de7c548 on

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Have you looked in the log file to see if there are any erros when loading the Scene file?

Help > Troubleshooting > View Log File. (look at the very end of the previous session)

• edited March 2013

Have you looked in the log file to see if there are any erros when loading the Scene file?

Help > Troubleshooting > View Log File. (look at the very end of the previous session)

Apparently there are no error message. I suppose the word error would appear, no?

But I've just found this:

Duplicate id "default-38" found in file "/Scene Subsets/constituants de Pompei/Subset de la Palestre et de l'amphi complet.duf"
    Duplicate id "default-39" found in file "/Scene Subsets/constituants de Pompei/Subset de la Palestre et de l'amphi complet.duf"
    Duplicate id "default-38" found in file "/Scene Subsets/constituants de Pompei/Subset de la Palestre et de l'amphi complet.duf"
    Duplicate id "default-39" found in file "/Scene Subsets/constituants de Pompei/Subset de la Palestre et de l'amphi complet.duf"

What is the number meaning?

Post edited by jvdesuit1_582de7c548 on
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,561
    edited December 1969

jvdesuit1 said:

Apparently there are no error message. I suppose the word error would appear, no?

But I've just found this:

What is the number meaning?

That is usually seen when loading clothes or other items for Genesis that was created with DS 4.0.3.9 or earlier which had a bug in the export routine.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,561
    edited December 1969

jvdesuit1 said:
    Hi,

I've just discovered that the 70 trees I had placed in my scene have disappeared, I have no idea what caused the problem.

In the scene tab remains the group I had formed and the 70 children but they do not appear in the scene and when I select one of them there is nothing appearing under the pointer. Is there a way to restore the trees without having to reinstall them one by one!!!!I'm using DAZ studio 4.5

Thanks in advance

Where they 70 trees or were that 70 instances of a tree? if you had instances and delete the original I think the instances goes too.
    I*ve done accidental deletion several times, this is how you can do it by mistake.

You have an item selected in the scene tab.
    You go to search and start to type barrel, but you type barrle, so you do a backspace. Sometimes, not always, that backspace will be handled as a backspace in the scene tab, deleting the selected object.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

The dupikcate ID is a known issue, but it doesn't usually cause any problems.

I would have expected the Scene file to generate errors if it could not find some items which are supposed to be in the Scene. I have never used the Instances option in any meaningful way, so my knowledge of how it works is scant.

Are they still misiing when you render the scene? How were these instances created the first time, and how was the scene saved (format (DAZ or DUF) What version of DS are you using. This may help someone else to work ut what the problem is, and offer you some advice. Just hang on, and we'll see what can be done.

• edited December 1969

The dupikcate ID is a known issue, but it doesn't usually cause any problems.

I would have expected the Scene file to generate errors if it could not find some items which are supposed to be in the Scene. I have never used the Instances option in any meaningful way, so my knowledge of how it works is scant.

Are they still misiing when you render the scene? How were these instances created the first time, and how was the scene saved (format (DAZ or DUF) What version of DS are you using. This may help someone else to work ut what the problem is, and offer you some advice. Just hang on, and we'll see what can be done.

They were instances that's right; I use DAZ 4.5

I've just check when rendering and unfortunately they are missing! I probably have deleted by mistake the first tree. But What I don't understand is why then all the other instances of the tree are there? I wondered if by changing the name of each instances to the original tree name it would enable recuperate them.....IT's such a bore to do that again. I had to change them because the former tree I used was so heavy that I could not work on the scene, and now that!!!!!....Grrrrr! I had at last finished my scene and would concentrate on lighting and animation....I'm mad!