generate mesh around vertex lines to make 3D lines like pipes

2»

Comments

• Samuel S.Samuel S. Posts: 322

... See if I can't cut down the poly count.

I normally reduce Surface Fidelity for Spline object and also convert them into vertex objects (keeping original) using reduced Fidelity (Fidelity when reduced to facets). I like Spline objects too since they are non-destructive (Procedural). Similarly Hexagon's Dynamic Geometry (Procedural) is great too

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

I Samuel,  Will the 2 Carrara spline and Hex Dynamic Geometry both import save and load into one another?

wgdjohn said:

I Samuel,  Will the 2 Carrara spline and Hex Dynamic Geometry both import save and load into one another?

According to my experience Hex can export geometry in Car file format and Hex can re-import Carrara file exported as OBJ etc. Carrara’s Spline and Hexagon’s Dynamic Geometry are native to each application.

Tks... was hoping the latter wouldn't be true.

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945
    Stezza said:

something like this?

I just did the sphere selected the polylines extract around edge.. then deleted the polys and then added thickness at 0.07 

May be a stupid question but... how can we select the polylines?

The spline model seems very good too but I don't understand so much in this room.

I would simply use drag select in Line Mode at right panel... of course for Extract Around to work the sphere/object would need to be filled of course.  Once all polylines are selected... the choose Extra Around and grab any single polyline and drag mouse to set how much.

Expect you meant something else tho. cool

wgdjohn said:

I would simply use drag select in Line Mode at right panel... of course for Extract Around to work the sphere/object would need to be filled of course.  Once all polylines are selected... the choose Extra Around and grab any single polyline and drag mouse to set how much.

Expect you meant something else tho. cool

I would also select edge selection mode and then + to grow selection. It will select all edges for extracting around......

Thank you John, I didn't know this trick!

Samuel, do you mean to "Selection/Select by name/ Edge"...? It ask for a name, but I don't know what to do more.

A lot of fun in perspective now.

Cheers!

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

Usually I work with loop and ring selections. Select one edge and press loop or ring button. IMO, it's the most useful method of selection.

2017-07-20_2013_001.png
    680 x 758 - 271K
    2017-07-20_2013.png
    808 x 665 - 275K

I often use Loop or Ring selection but I was sure that when the four edges of a square were selected, that filled automatically the polygon.

We learn everyday...

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

To avoid unwanted selection use edge selection tool istead of universal selection tool.

DUDU said:

Thank you John, I didn't know this trick!

Samuel, do you mean to "Selection/Select by name/ Edge"...? It ask for a name, but I don't know what to do more.

A lot of fun in perspective now.

Cheers!

Actually; just selecting edge using edge selection and pressing '+' do the trick for me.

Thanks, I'm playing with that today!

• JamyJamy Posts: 192

Bonjour everybody,

By archiving my files to make space on the Mac, I found this: 3DXtract December 2003.

:-)

3Dxtract(1).jpg
    647 x 973 - 293K
    3Dxtract(2).jpg
    645 x 971 - 367K
    zip
    zip
    wireframespheres.zip