Animation Category Welcome in this Month's Challenge

Hear ye!  Hear, Ye!

There will be a separate category for animations in this month's Carrara Challenge.  There has been a category for "Best Demonstration of the Theme," but this month's theme involves people picking and demonstrating their own muse.  Therefore, the ProConsul for Life (or until August 18th, whichever comes first) declares that the Best Demonstration of Theme Category will be temporarily replaced with Best Carrara Animation.  I leave it up to the Carrarators to determine the best way to host their animation and link to it in the WIP and Entry threads.  Same basic rules still apply.  Provide a WIP post explaining your muse, how you used Carrara in your animation workflow, must be new to this challenge period, etc.

Here are the challenge categories for this month. 

Best Artist Participation (cumulative among all of an artist's entries): $50 towards DAZ 3D owned item(s)         
Best Photorealistic Render (still image, yes, postwork is allowed): $50 towards DAZ 3D owned item(s)
Best Non-photorealistic or Stylized Render (still image, yes, postwork is allowed): $50 towards DAZ 3D owned item(s)
** Best Carrara Animation ** : $45 towards DAZ 3D owned item(s)  -- (this replaces Best Demonstration of Theme just for this month because of unique self-selected muses)

So let it be written.  So let it be done. (Yeah, I know, a Pharoah, not a Procnsul)

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

yoo pushed me into ordering the 21:9 monitor. smiley

catching up on sony vegas video tuts, disabling the resampling supposed to fix the blurry problems i had with the Howie Lake scene.  72 hours to render.

the blur blues

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Looking great.  How long did it take you to render the Howie Farkes scenes (I think they are Howie's)?  I generally cut his scenes down and create backgrounds with them, then insert them as backgrounds or backdrops in the what I want for the foreground.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

72 hours. 4 cores and a 2 core node