Environments that will not install correctly

AmblayAmblay Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

I am having a lot of problems with installing environments into Poser 9. I am using windows 7 operating system.
So far I have tried to install into Content folder e.g c:\users\public\documents\poser content.
Didn’t work
Next
I then I tried to install/ merged the content into Program 86 poser directory. Here is where I have a specific runtime folder where all the Daz content installs. This has worked with other products with ease however no luck with any environments.
When I load up the file I get a message “Nothing to display”
I am fairly new to Poser and appreciate some advice.
I am now at a loss as to what could be wrong.

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

I think for anyone to help, you do need to to say which products you are having trouble with. :)

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,049
    edited December 1969

Did you look to see if the files were in the right place in the Runtime\Libraries folders, according to the readme? Your first choice should have been correct, assuming that that is the folder that holds the Runtime folder that you use.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,787
    edited December 1969

My guess is that it's an old installer looking for the Poser.exe file to determine the proper location. Use Notepad to create an empty text file called Poser.exe in your C:\users\public\documents\poser content folder and try rerunning the installer.

You will have no success installing content to the Poser program directory if it is under C:\Program Files unless you disable Windows' UAC, which I don't advise....

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

WandW said:
    You will have no success installing content to the Poser program directory if it is under C:\Program Files unless you disable Windows' UAC, which I don't advise....

And even then, it's not a sure thing that it will work...just that there's a much higher chance it will (lots of things go into it...like what kind of user account, what kind of AV/antimalware software you are running and a bunch of other stuff, too).