Poser Pro 2012 on sale for $149.99 ’til 2013.03.21

MorpheonMorpheon Posts: 738
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

I received an email from Smith Micro a couple of days ago, letting me know that they'd put Poser Pro 2012 on sale for $149.99 until March 21, 2013. (http://store.smithmicro.com/productDetails.aspx?id=20583). No coupons or promotions -- just a straight-up deal, so if you're like me and have been waiting for this, now's your chance (ordinarily, it's $499.99, which is what it's still going for over at Content Paradise). Just FYI...

Comments

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,786
    edited December 1969
  • support-2231669support-2231669 Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Do you think there will be any refunds if you had just purchased it less than a week ago?

edited December 1969

I know Content Paradise has a 30-day money-back guarantee. Send in a sales support ticket and ask..

• nightwolf1982nightwolf1982 Posts: 1,136
    edited December 1969

Totally awesome, just scored Poser Pro 2012 for $150 over at Content Paradise!!

• edited December 1969

I've just received an e-mail with the header from Smith Micro about Poser 9 and Poser Pro 2012 being ON SALE ($64.99 and $149.99)
    OFFER EXPIRES MARCH 21, 2013

When I click it takes me to sites.fastspring.com/...... which is an e-commerce site and has Smith Micro as Featured Client.

But if I go directly to Content Paradise or Smith Micro or fastspring I can't find anything about that sale.

I really want to buy it. But is it a legit site ? Did anyone hear of that sale?

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited March 2013

claude_j said:
    I've just received an e-mail with the header from Smith Micro about Poser 9 and Poser Pro 2012 being ON SALE ($64.99 and $149.99)
    OFFER EXPIRES MARCH 21, 2013

When I click it takes me to sites.fastspring.com/...... which is an e-commerce site and has Smith Micro as Featured Client.

But if I go directly to Content Paradise or Smith Micro or fastspring I can't find anything about that sale.

I really want to buy it. But is it a legit site ? Did anyone hear of that sale?

Edit: ... well I don't know about that email, discovered some questionable ones on the 'Net.
    But :-) http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/18243/

Post edited by patience55 on
    edited December 1969

Yes thank you :-)

• edited December 1969

Thanks Patience55. Seems good :)

I e-mailed fastspring and they answered
    For support or questions about this product, please visit Smith Micro's "start a chat" page at URL:

And at Smith Micro
    We're sorry, chat is currently unavailable. Please START A NEW INCIDENT to contact us.

So, I started a "New Incident"

But using your link , I thinks it's real. :) In November I saw that Smith Micro had a sale one week prior to Black Friday. But 3 days before Black Friday the sale was over. I was expecting another sale on Christmas. No! On New Year No! on Valentine No! And this one comes out of the blue ... Is it because Poser Pro 2014 is coming out soon?

edited December 1969

claude_j said:
    Thanks Patience55. Seems good :)

I e-mailed fastspring and they answered
    For support or questions about this product, please visit Smith Micro's "start a chat" page at URL:

And at Smith Micro
    We're sorry, chat is currently unavailable. Please START A NEW INCIDENT to contact us.

So, I started a "New Incident"

But using your link , I thinks it's real. :) In November I saw that Smith Micro had a sale one week prior to Black Friday. But 3 days before Black Friday the sale was over. I was expecting another sale on Christmas. No! On New Year No! on Valentine No! And this one comes out of the blue ... Is it because Poser Pro 2014 is coming out soon?

Yes going by the links in the Daz forum link is very valid. That's the company! It's in my shopping cart too :-)

• edited March 2013

Downloading :-)

Let's see if Poser Pro 2013 or 2014 doesn't come out for April 1st ;-)

Edit : Just got an answer from Smith Micro

!! I used another one and got it from Smith Micro itself

http://store.smithmicro.com/productDetails.aspx?id=20583

Post edited by claudej_dcd68b1dfd on
    edited December 1969

I don't know about April 1st lol ... but yes, I rather suspect that there's a 2013 or something around the corner.

edited December 1969

Bagginsbill last month said he was using Poser 10, so I'd expect it in the fall Curiously he didn't say he was using PP 2014...

edited December 1969

Downloading my new treasures now.

Also picked up the weight mapped V4 from Runtime DNA. Not sure yet where everything goes, but I'm confident we'll find a place!

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,843
    edited December 1969

I have it now installed and registered with CP too
    (had to for sr3.1 update to use DSON)
    Genesis content for Poser works, my own exported cr2's scary if poses applied, will need to study DSON threads
    but
    using V4 now and cloth and simulating much faster than my 32bit P7
    will see how hair goes and how it renders

edited December 1969

Also picked up the weight mapped V4 from Runtime DNA. Not sure yet where everything goes, but I'm confident we'll find a place!

Put your new Poser content runtime in the shared documents folder or a directory outside of the Program files hierarchy. The only thing I install to the runtime in the Poser Program directory are Python scripts, Face Room Heads and add-ons such as DSON Importer.

Make sure you get Outfitter to fit clothing to V4-WM. The Poser Place site seems to be back up.... :)

http://poserplace.phantom3d.net/

edited December 1969

PS: Download EZ-Skin:

http://www.snarlygribbly.org/3d/forum/viewforum.php?f=27

It's a way of life; you'll love it... ;)

edited March 2013

WandW said:

Put your new Poser content runtime in the shared documents folder or a directory outside of the Program files hierarchy. The only thing I install to the runtime in the Poser Program directory are Python scripts, Face Room Heads and add-ons such as DSON Importer.

Make sure you get Outfitter to fit clothing to V4-WM. The Poser Place site seems to be back up.... :)

http://poserplace.phantom3d.net/

That would come in handy, thanks.

Yes, will be installing it outside of the program folders. I have D/S4.x working on the one computer so not planning to mix mediums there. Hoping to use Poser as Poser ;-) Been waiting since launch time for it to come down to a price I could afford so very happy today.

Post edited by patience55 on
  • anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

ooh this is such a good deal I'm trying to decide between P9 and P2012. I only have a 32bit machine. I'm really supposed to be saving for my new machine.

edited December 1969

Poser 2012 includes both the 32 and 64 bit programs.

• SonofbelmontSonofbelmont Posts: 147
    edited December 1969

This sale has me considering poser as an option for animation again
    But there is one thing I really need to know

Can I animate Genesis in Poser Pro 2012 with IK and then bring the animation back into Carrara or Daz studio for rendering without any problems occuring?

edited December 1969

WandW said:
    PS: Download EZ-Skin:

http://www.snarlygribbly.org/3d/forum/viewforum.php?f=27

It's a way of life; you'll love it... ;)

Thanks. I found also a reference to the LuxRender and posted my question in a new thread.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,807
    edited March 2013

downloading Pro2012 now.. new for me as I only have poser 7

Question - does the SP3.1 have to be applied to this download?

Post edited by Stezza on
    edited December 1969

Stezza said:
    downloading Pro2012 now.. new for me as I only have poser 7

Question - does the SP3.1 have to be applied to this download?

I don't recall atm what they were, but there were 2 items to update with after installing the main program.
    One is for content.
    And yes the other update, as I recall, has something to do with updating the program for the weight mapped figure(s).

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,807
    edited December 1969

Thankyou :coolsmile:

• estheresther Posts: 608
    edited December 1969

you would think a brand new version would have all the updates applied. I would just run it adn then get it to check for updates.