Poser 7 to Pro 2012, old runtime work or have to reinstall everything?

edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

Poser 9 and Poser Pro 2012 are both on sale...

I have a huge Poser 7 runtime, do I have to reinstall everything if I get one of these?

I'm guessing the answer is yes... :(

Also, does Poser 2012 allow more rendering threads than Poser 9? Just built myself a 64bit system with 24 GB of memory and an Intel processor with hyper threading that would allow up to 8 rendering threads.

Thoughts on which to get-Poser 9 or Poser Pro 2012. Suggestions welcome!

Comments

• RoguePilotRoguePilot Posts: 239
    edited December 1969

Actually, the answer is no.

Just point the library to your old runtimes. The only thing that may not work is Python scripts.

If you need 64bit memory performance or want to develop content then go for Pro 2012.
    Actually, looking at your system specs, just go straight for the Pro or your system will be going to waste.

• edited December 1969

Actually, the answer is no.

Just point the library to your old runtimes. The only thing that may not work is Python scripts.

If you need 64bit memory performance or want to develop content then go for Pro 2012.
    Actually, looking at your system specs, just go straight for the Pro or your system will be going to waste.

Nice on the library :)

The system is also going to be used heavily for 64 bit photoshop and distributed computing so it won't be wasted regardless, but I was leaning towards Poser Pro 2012 anyway.

Thanks for the quick reply!