Install manager - new orders do not show up in list?

Mr RidMr Rid Posts: 40
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

I ordered the latest version of Daz 4.5, and followed the email instructions to download and install the download manager (Win 7).

But my Daz 4.5 order does not show up in the products list. How do I download Daz 4.5?

Also, when I sort by 'download date: recent first', why doesnt is show the dates?

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

The current version of Install Manager only installs content, not software. For that you need to go to your "My Account > My Downloadable Products" page.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

@davidridlen

Hover your mouse pointer over any item in the Ready to Download section, and a box will pop up with loads of information, including the order date (and time). There is also a little 'i' icon, and if you click on that, it will take you to the Readme file.

As Mike says, the DIM is only for Poser and DAZ Studio content at this time, no plugins or other software yet, and no Carrara or Bryce stuff yet either.

• Mr RidMr Rid Posts: 40
    edited March 2013

What "ready to download section?"

Thanks, but for an app that is suppose to make it easy to understand and operate, do you realize at no point in the ordering process does it ever explain how to download the software? How is anyone suppose to know?

- click "place order'.

- Next, the page reads "Your order was successful" Great.

Under that, "Download and install your purchased content automaticaly with DAZ Install Manager." So it appears this is the way to download and install stuff.

Under that, "You will receive an order confirmation email with details of your order and a link to track its progress." Nothing about downloading.

- I click "View Order"... nothing to download. I click "My Orders"... no download explanation or links.

- The email I receive also explains nothing about how to download, but at top it prompts in large font, "Download and install your purchased content automatically with DAZ Install Manager." Ok.

- I proceed to download and install the Install Manager. Still no clue how to download Daz.

So where is the page or email that explains 'To download your order, goto to My Account> My Downloadable Products'?

Post edited by Mr Rid on
  • raymond-2241330raymond-2241330 Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

I have the same problem. Cannot believe that they found out how to make installing software so complicated.
    Been trying to find out how installing works for the last 2 hours!

The install-manager doesnt manage anything and together with the instructions it only confuses me. Been trying/reading all many times.

So far I found that I have to goto the website and log in and then My Account and then under My downloadable products a whole list of products.
    Clicking on it started the download (outside install manager) Once downloaded I tried to start the executable, but then it tells me that the installation path could not be found and setup will quit.

Whats next?

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

What are you trying to install?

The only thing that the DIM installs at the moment, is DAZ Studio and Poser CONTENT. It does not install plugins or applications, it is still in Beta, and hopefully, it will install other things too in the future.

I think it is the best thing that ever happened around here, and provided that you read the help file, and/or watch the videos it is completely painless. I would not be without it, it is superb, especially for updates.

I doubt if newly bought products will appear immediately in the DIM, but I would suggest logging out of it, and logging back in again to make sure it reads them,

As has been pointed out before, you do NOT need to use the DIM, if you prefer to do without it, then it is up to you, you can continue to download content the old way.

• raymond-2241330raymond-2241330 Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

Daz 4.5

So far I found that I have to goto the website and log in and then My Account and then under My downloadable products a whole list of products.
    Clicking on it started the download (outside install manager) Once downloaded I tried to start the executable, but then it tells me that the installation path could not be found and setup will quit.

The best thing, this DIM? Pfffff......

I found other software and installed in a wink, as it should be!

Thanks anyway!

edited December 1969

raymond said:
    Daz 4.5

The best thing, this DIM? Pfffff......

I found other software and installed in a wink, as it should be!

Thanks anyway!

That sounds like you tried to install one of the plugins, like GoZ or the Photoshop bridge, rather than DS itself.

• Mr RidMr Rid Posts: 40
    edited March 2013

The install manager still does not appear to help with the biggest nightmare in Daz- finding and organizing newly installed content. I guess the confusing content system is a holdover of Poser that Daz keeps trying to polish.

And uninstalling 10.4gb of content in order to reinstall it for the Install Manager to identify is nutz. This is certain to become a giant mess of broken scenes, stuff lost, errors and crashes (I still cant even save old scenes out of DS4.5 without a crash). I spent days organizing my content into folders that make sense and am not about to do this all over again. What stinks is the way installers stick things into predefined places that I have no control over, and are not named intuitively. Then I have to hunt down each item, move and rename them to something more logical.

I would prefer the installer/Install Manager to have an option that asks where I want each item to go. For example, if installing a dress for V4.2 with materials, then I want to direct the dress mesh to go into my logically arranged "Clothing> V4.2" folder, and associated materials go into my "Materials> Clothing> V4.2". Instead they wind up in "Props> Nighthawk> Amazing Dress" or something that only the ReadMe can explain. Then I have to find, relocate and rename each installed item.

I should be able to open the Content Library or the Install Manager like a Windows Explorer window(s), to easily move, and rename folders however I want as merely shortcuts to the actual files and folders on the drive that can remain wherever Daz or the installers want them to. I just need the library interface to make sense.

The Content Library may bring up a searched item, but it oddly does not tell me what I most want to know- where it is located in my Library. And why does the alphabetized 'Products' list only show letters A C D G J K M S W... where are the rest of the letters of the alphabet? And it does not show all items beginning with a "G", like "Genesis" shows up, but not "GIS_Walk_Way." Content remains a nightmare.

Post edited by Mr Rid on
    edited December 1969

I should be able to open the Content Library or the Install Manager like a Windows Explorer window(s), to easily move, and rename folders however I want as merely shortcuts to the actual files and folders on the drive that can remain wherever Daz or the installers want them to. I just need the library interface to make sense.

That's what I use Categories for.

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

For those who are coming in for the first time and grabbing DS4.5 along with the DIM, I think we may have forgotten that DAZ changed the end of the order process. It used to take you to the downloads page, now it just tells you about DIM.

If you know the ropes, no problem. If you've never been here before or for a long time anyway and grab 4.5 you have no way of knowing how to get to your download of Studio.

• joheartssjoheartss Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

Yep, this is ridiculous. I can't find anywhere on the website in my account where is says my downloads? Wheres the button, which page? I have looked on every page that I can think of but can't find a download link for the programme I ordered. I'm almost on the verge of giving up and just trying another programme. Anyone ever get to the bottom of this?

• joheartssjoheartss Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

UPDATE!

I found it! In your account click on product library. Its in there!

They should really exaplain where it is in the original email and give you a link directly to it.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

There is a Sticky thread here about the change http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/20730/

• Having the same problem.  Just purchased some software (Shade 3D) but it doesn't appear on the Install Manager under any of the columns: (Ready to Download / Ready to Install / Installed).

Tried: refreshing, restarting, going via the My Orders->View Order->Manual Download->Download & Install  ... Didn't help.

Is there a way to just download the executable?

You should be able to download it from your Product Library:  click the blue man at the top of the page > My Account > Product Library.  I don't know if the Shade installers have been packaged for DIM.

• Fixmypcmike, that didn't work. It just led me back to the same Download & Install page.

But I found the solution.  I needed to download it from the vendor's page.  The downloaded documentation (from the daz3d site) instructs me to go to https://shop.shade3d.co.jp/activation&Locale=en_US

There I put in my serial number to register and received an email giving the software download.

So Shade 3D doesn't have an Install Manager option, even though the daz view-order page wrongly links the download to the Install Manager.