Hero Fx

Has anyone managed to get this working?  I have Hero FX, and the Alchemy and Magic packs.  I installed it through DIM -- when I go into the content manager and go to products, I can see them listed but they are empty.  If I go into the poser format and go to figures, I can find the plane and that loads just fine.  But nothing else, there are no textures, no anything.  Just blank folders.  I told it to rescan directories and reimport the metadata for everything.  No change.  I downloaded the packages and installed them manually, no change.  I even placed them in their own directory and add the directory.  Nothing different.  WTF?!

Comments

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited July 2017

You're seeing only the plane figures because only the plane figures are figures, all the textures and various Poser controls will be in the Pose library. I've just reinstalled a couple of the packs, which I bought years ago, and they all seem to work properly (bearing in mind that I can't test the Python scripts, or anything else that only works in the Poser Material Room).

Remember that old Poser items like this are arranged in an awkward fashion, with different types of file scattered all over the Poser Runtime. I install manually and don't use Smart Content or the Content Database, so I don't have any problems with moving the textures folders into the HeroFX Figures folder.

Incidentally, I suspect the metadata is actually wrong and should be reported as a bug, otherwise you should have seen the textures in the Products view.

Post edited by SpottedKitty on
  • I bought this as well and can't seem to do anything with it.  Are there instructions somewhere for making the best use of this?