? LuxRender

patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
edited March 2013 in Poser Discussion

... lost track of the thread, WandW mentioned of snarlygribbly ... thank you! [edited, found thread ;-) ]

If I install LuxRender ... will that then appear as an option for rendering or replace that which exists?

Post edited by patience55 on

Comments

• BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited March 2013

[strike]It shows up as an extra renderer available in your render settings.[/strike]

Edit : sorry, i read Luxus instead of LuxRender

Post edited by BlackFeather1973 on
  • StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited March 2013

If you're using Pose2Lux it should be an export file, you would load LuxRender as a Standalone GUI or from a Command Prompt and render from that. I don't know of any internalized LuxRender for Studio or Poser or Blender, it's generally an export *.lxs file and a folder full of geometries and images that needs to be imported as a separate process.

Does it show up in Poser? I don't have anything past Poser 5 and it's not installed.

Post edited by StratDragon on
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

I've downloaded the files but not installed them yet. So far I've never installed any form of extra rendering options so one of these days I shall have to take the plunge to find out what happens lol ...

Thank you for the replies.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

I know it's not the same thing but I find Photobox gives great results in Poser.

OverShoulder.jpg
    735 x 658 - 244K
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

I have Photobox and it is a treat to work with and render with. I promised myself I would do a little more rendering in Poser with Photobox maybe one day I will. I don't recommend many products as we all have different tastes but I do recommend this light rig.

edited December 1969

Indeed... And I'd go so far as to say it's worth spending the little bit extra to get the Extra pack too.

Re-did the above render giving her better hair.

OverShoulderALTHair2.jpg
    735 x 658 - 398K
    edited December 1969

I know it's not the same thing but I find Photobox gives great results in Poser.

Thank you :-)

Glad to hear that there are some more options. The Lux route is a no-go. Computer says so.

edited December 1969

Well one good thing about Photobox is that there are no computer constraints as it renders the usual way.
    It's just a simple to load prop and what are basically some pre-set lighting/render options that are designed to work within the environment of the Photobox prop. So you set your scene up inside the box, then using the pose menu, you set the photobox lights and choose between two render options (both give excellent results) and render through the usual render engine. It then pre-calculates light and renders (it can take a while depending on what you've got in your scene, but 20 or 30 minutes is about average. The render I posted above only took 5 minutes on my 7 year old MacBook.

edited December 1969

Sounds good. I've set up the account and am downloading a few of the freebies. Then .... ;-)

edited March 2013

I made this using Photobox obvioisly the smoke is postwork.

WorkingManNew_copy2.jpg
    700 x 1120 - 453K
    Post edited by Szark on
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    I made this using Photobox obvioisly the smoke is postwork.

That's very good. I've installed Photobox and hope to use it this weekend. Also nabbed MyMiki on sale ... and finally, found some "stitches" .png format that I can use.

Now, how to put more hours in the day lol ....

edited December 1969

Thank you. Time machine and life span enhancers are what we need .