Sending files to DS and back again help please.

This discussion was created from comments split from: Installing Bryce Pro 7.1 - getting Bryce PLE 7.

Comments

• italpat1italpat1 Posts: 3

Hi folks this is Pat ,

I am a newbie but need help.I have installed bryce 7.1 pro and Daz 4.9 and i can send files to Bryce but not vice versa. bryce does not see the Daz version I have and I cant seem to enter it . Both products ar eregistered and i have installed the Bryce 7.1, 7.0 content files and exe files. what am i doing wrong?

Any suggestions very much appreciated.

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 867
    edited July 2017

Hi Pat

I made a short test. I created a stone in Bryce and sent it with the bridge function to Daz3D Studio. I had no problem with it. Then I created a terrain and could also send it to Daz3D. It worked as well but at lot of details got lost. Then I tried to export it as an OBJ file with the Export function. After I had adjusted the polygones and size, it looked okay, but not great. The main problem are the procedural Bryce materials.

Attached you find a Bryce terrain exported and imported as OBJ file and rendered with 3Delight in Daz3D Studio.

bryceimporttest.png
    800 x 600 - 493K
    Post edited by Electro-Elvis on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,298

I find that I need to start Bryce first and send something (random) to DAZ Studio, then I can delete that from DS and load up what I want to get into Bryce and sending it back seems to work OK then. (I have had troubles trying to send from DS to Bryce if DS was open first so I gave up trying to do it that way)