What is the cause of DS4.5 refusing to respond

deeahr2169deeahr2169 Posts: 449
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi
I should explain that what i am referring to is that after i have worked on a scene, sometimes not for very long, and sometimes this issue is intermittent, when selecting a pose for example, or possibly hair, doesn't seem to matter much what, nothing happens. I can go make a coffee, take a nap, eat a meal maybe. The thing just sits there doing nothing, i am retired and this could almost be a description of me at times. Unlike me though, it doesn't seem to come round after a while, the only way to resume normal service is to close the thing down and start again. Once i do that the prop or pose i selected is the first thing to appear as loaded.
It could be my machine i suppose, although its a virtually brand new iMac with 16GB of ram, and nothing else causes me to think this. I don't have anything else running while using DS, so i am at a loss...
any ideas please

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I don't know much about Macs I'm afraid, but what springs to mind is your Graphics card. If the viewport is getting sluggish, then that can often be the cause. Do you have s seperate GC, and if so, what does it say about it in Help > About Your Video card.

The OpenGl version is important, and it should certainly be over version 1.5, or you are in trouble. The driver may need updated as well.

If it is nothing to do with the viewport, and just items taking forever to load, then something else is going on, and I will need to leave that to a Mac user to help you.