Problems with the daz install manager

MarqueMarque Posts: 78
edited December 1969 in New Users

Been trying to use this, downloads and installs the product shows up in the content library but when I try to use it it gives me a dialog that states An error occurred while reading the file, see the log file for more details.
This has happened with everything I have tried to download and install with the dim. Guessing it's a major bug? or that I'm not doing it correctly. Followed the instructions when using it. When I install items myself they work fine. Using all default for studio 4.5 pro and the dim.
Anyone have a suggestion on what might be happening?
Thanks

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited March 2013

Marque said:
    Been trying to use this, downloads and installs the product shows up in the content library but when I try to use it it gives me a dialog that states An error occurred while reading the file, see the log file for more details.
    This has happened with everything I have tried to download and install with the dim. Guessing it's a major bug? or that I'm not doing it correctly. Followed the instructions when using it. When I install items myself they work fine. Using all default for studio 4.5 pro and the dim.
    Anyone have a suggestion on what might be happening?
    Thanks

Whatever it is, it's not a bug. Loads of people, including me, have been using DIM for weeks now, and on a daily basis.

Are you saying that every item that DIM downloads does not work?

First of all, what is your install path, is it listed as BOTH DAZ Studio Formats and Poser Formats in the Content Directory manager?
    Where are you loading the content from, Content Library or Smart Content? What does the Log File say about the error?

What content EXACTLY are you trying to load?

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • MarqueMarque Posts: 78
    edited March 2013

Just installed the newest studio 4.5 pro and it looks different than the last one. I have not been using studio or poser lately and have pretty much forgotten everything. Don't know where to find the content manager. When I hit the content management service under daz 3d in the start menu it flashes briefly then disappears. When I installed the newest studio I installed it to default directories, and did the same with Poser 9 and the dim.
    C:/Program Files (x86)/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4
    C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4
    C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library

I used to be able to find everything in the studio in the last version but the latest version has me stumped. Will just continue to install the old fashioned way. Yes what I'm saying is nothing I've installed using the dim will work, just get an error message saying it can't find the files

Post edited by Marque on
  • MarqueMarque Posts: 78
    edited December 1969

Doing the tutorial again so will try to muddle through this. Figured out that the smart content tab was missing so fixed that and hopefully will have no more questions. (for a while at least). 8^)
    Thanks for the help.