Daz product testing

artwork_d6ac54178aartwork_d6ac54178a Posts: 23
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

Does Daz test every product before putting it on sale?

I have some models (which I bought for use with Poser) that don't work properly - doors failing to open etc. On checking with a friend I've discovered that the models work properly in Daz4 (which my computer can't run).

Who checks that a model advertised for Poser does in fact work in Poser?
I have Poser 7 and PoserPro 2010 and run these on a G5 PowerMac (PPC chip, not Intel).

Comments

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    edited December 1969

Yes.
    They have a quality control group that does testing.
    Sometimes items slip through the cracks. I have bought a few items that did.
    Sometimes there may be a problem with an individuals rig.
    Sometimes the item has problems.

• renecyberdocrenecyberdoc Posts: 61
    edited December 1969

i have the same and i work in daz studio,cars that load ok ,but when closing a scene and having the car doors opened,then when reloading the scene the cars dials show that the doors are open but they aint and i cant open them again,but i have to load and repose the cars again.
    i dont find the button to write to the vendor maybe i am blind today.

this happend now at least with 2 products from the same vendor,but i have a runtime of 400 gigabyte big and these are the only cars that dont act correct so please nobody telling me that my daz installation is faulty-its a customized installation and it works perfect since 2008.
    now i have daz 2 daz 3 and daz 4 parallel installed each on its own drive and no conflicts.

someone tells me how to contact a vendor??muhahahah cant find it really.

• artwork_d6ac54178aartwork_d6ac54178a Posts: 23
    edited December 1969

Of the items that I have from the same vendor, over half have major problems (such as the door problems).
    But as there are problems reported in Daz Studio too, then were they fully tested in Daz and Poser by Daz experts?

edited December 1969

Of the items that I have from the same vendor, over half have major problems (such as the door problems).
    But as there are problems reported in Daz Studio too, then were they fully tested in Daz and Poser by Daz experts?

wrote also to the vendor via renderosity site mail as i cant find a button to contact here.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

IF it is a DAZ PA, then the DAZ 3D support system is the way to go. However iif you do want to ty contacting a DAZ vendor directly you can look them up in the member list to find their profile to get a PM button for them.

edited March 2013

chohole said:
    IF it is a DAZ PA, then the DAZ 3D support system is the way to go. However iif you do want to ty contacting a DAZ vendor directly you can look them up in the member list to find their profile to get a PM button for them.

thank you very much i did not knew this.
    and also thanks for the many many freebies you do.!!!!
    i am on your page right now-lol.

Post edited by renecyberdoc on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

thank you very much i did not knew this.
    and also thanks for the many many freebies you do.!!!!
    i am on your page right now-lol.

You are welcome.