luxury bronze age houses (sumerian, mesopotamian, minoic, Creta, Babylon city..)

All the non medieval stuff is so arabic, where is the sumerian, mesopotamian and minoic real houses, from the poverty to the wealthiest? Please expand bronze age with high quality new resources.

Comments

• Joe WebbJoe Webb Posts: 837

I'd like to see Sumerian/Mesopotamian/Babylonian buildings and related too. A ziggurate, hanging gardens, some Lamassu/shedu statues, the Lion Gate of Ishtar. We got some clothing (robes, Egyptian outfits), now we need some buildings to set them in.

• My current focus is on Ancient Persia so I share your pain! I would dearly love to see some Mesopotamian architecture at DAZ (and costumes, although I'm doing my best to kitbash).

There's a set over at *ahem* another site, which gives you some useful geometry including a ziggurat and gateways and walls that can be retextured to approximate the Ishtar Gate and so on. The textures are a bit weak but OK for distant backgrounds with a bit of 'dirtying up'. Unfortunately I only spotted this after I'd spent hours kitbashing medieval castles to try to build the Ishtar Gate for myself. *laughs*

http://hivewire3d.com/hanging-gardens-of-nimrud.html

I also use Tadel Riad and Ancient Catacombs as a substitute for Mesopotamian architecture. There's the King's Gate and Temple of the Pharaohs too. They're not ideal but it's better than nothing.

Turbosquid has some Ancient Persian material which I shelled out for after a lot of agonising. They have a lamassu, bull-headed column capitals and very other architectural features. There's also a very nice rhyton (see attached). But these were horribly expensive.

Rhyton.jpg
    938 x 626 - 196K
  • Epic82Epic82 Posts: 126
    edited September 2017
    Leander said:

My current focus is on Ancient Persia so I share your pain! I would dearly love to see some Mesopotamian architecture at DAZ (and costumes, although I'm doing my best to kitbash).

There's a set over at *ahem* another site, which gives you some useful geometry including a ziggurat and gateways and walls that can be retextured to approximate the Ishtar Gate and so on. The textures are a bit weak but OK for distant backgrounds with a bit of 'dirtying up'. Unfortunately I only spotted this after I'd spent hours kitbashing medieval castles to try to build the Ishtar Gate for myself. *laughs*

http://hivewire3d.com/hanging-gardens-of-nimrud.html

I also use Tadel Riad and Ancient Catacombs as a substitute for Mesopotamian architecture. There's the King's Gate and Temple of the Pharaohs too. They're not ideal but it's better than nothing.

Turbosquid has some Ancient Persian material which I shelled out for after a lot of agonising. They have a lamassu, bull-headed column capitals and very other architectural features. There's also a very nice rhyton (see attached). But these were horribly expensive.

Leander,

It's nice to read a comment from you about the types of products EquisVoid is suggesting here. I've enjoyed your awesome artwork ever since I first found it here at Daz. I've created a render of a Babylonian king that you can find here in my small gallery that's somewhat similar to one of your renders of Xerxes. But just like you, I had to kitbash from other products to create that render. I've actually made requests for Mesopotamian outfits, props, and buildings here and here. For copyright reasons, I've had to remove the images I posted, and I've replaced them with links to those images. I would love for you to join those threads and hear what you have to say about those requests.

I've just attained a minor in history from a university here in the U.S. state I live in. Just like EquisVoid and Joe Webb, I long to see many more ancient civilization-themed products from Daz, particularly Mesopotamian products because I'm trying to do biblical renders. V3Digitimes has told me that Mesopotamian products aren't popular, which I already knew, but I do find it just a little frustrating to see Daz create pretty much the same types of products over and over again everyday (i.e., medieval fantasy, science fiction, contemporary, etc.).    

Regarding the Hanging Gardens of Nimrud at HiveWire3D, I've made my request for Mesopotamian outfits, props, and city in HiveWire3D's wish list forum here. There you'll see that Ken Gilliland plans to update Hanging Gardens for Iray and SuperFly, and he will try to move up his update plans for the summer. So we'll probably see a new version of this set in the next few weeks.

I've also made my request known to Renderosity here.   

Hopefully, more of these products will be created in the future. 

Post edited by Epic82 on
  • I think the solution is to contact DAZ to compromise them on starting a mesopotamian/sumerian/babilonian bundle rightly done to sell gracefullier

• LeanderLeander Posts: 56
    edited September 2017
    Archon3D said:
    Leander said:

I've enjoyed your awesome artwork ever since I first found it here at Daz. I've created a render of a Babylonian king that you can find here in my small gallery that's somewhat similar to one of your renders of Xerxes. ... I would love for you to join those threads and hear what you have to say about those requests. 

Wow, thank you! That's so sweet of you to say. I went straightaway to admire your image and have left a comment. Well done! Thanks too for directing me to those other threads. I've commented on one of them, to share a website I found yesterday, which (if you don't already know it) might help a bit with the props / sculpture side of things. 

Post edited by Leander on