Type of library item disappears from icon - automated way to re-create?

I have a bunch of stuff I added to my library, imported from OBJ, or multiple things joined for convenience, etc.  In other words, non-Daz content.  But all in Daz format.

Initially, the type overlay is there in the icon.  Some of them just disappeared, if I move or copy them they disappear.  Is there an automatic way to generate them?  You can see from the screenshot Daz recognizes the type of object.

Icon Type Present.JPG
735 x 350 - 37K
Icon Type Gone.JPG
606 x 1071 - 93K

Comments

• Sometimes content creators make custom icons that won't have those overlays; that's the only reason I can think of that they might disappear if DAZ Studio has them initially.

• mrjadedmrjaded Posts: 5

If you mean the little IDs like "prop" or "material" these are generated by Daz in response to the item's category. To get them to appear on any that don't have them right click on the item and select "categorize"...

• Sometimes content creators make custom icons that won't have those overlays; that's the only reason I can think of that they might disappear if DAZ Studio has them initially.

They are not part of the thumbnail and are not added by the PA in that sense - they are from the CMS tags for content type.

I have a bunch of stuff I added to my library, imported from OBJ, or multiple things joined for convenience, etc.  In other words, non-Daz content.  But all in Daz format.

Initially, the type overlay is there in the icon.  Some of them just disappeared, if I move or copy them they disappear.  Is there an automatic way to generate them?  You can see from the screenshot Daz recognizes the type of object.

if I move or copy them they disappear yes, if you move or copy the file oustide DS then you break the link with the CMS entry and so lose all its information, including content-type tags. You can move items inside DS, via right-click menus in the Content Library pane; it's less efficient, but it does work and it keeps the CMS in sync.

• mrjaded said:

If you mean the little IDs like "prop" or "material" these are generated by Daz in response to the item's category. To get them to appear on any that don't have them right click on the item and select "categorize"...

Although, as I said above, they are in the CMS they aren't categories and aren't geenrated from the categorisation process. A script could rad the type from the .duf file and assign it, but there isn't curently one to do that.

• GatorGator Posts: 1,268

Sometimes content creators make custom icons that won't have those overlays; that's the only reason I can think of that they might disappear if DAZ Studio has them initially.

They are not part of the thumbnail and are not added by the PA in that sense - they are from the CMS tags for content type.

if I move or copy them they disappear yes, if you move or copy the file oustide DS then you break the link with the CMS entry and so lose all its information, including content-type tags. You can move items inside DS, via right-click menus in the Content Library pane; it's less efficient, but it does work and it keeps the CMS in sync.

I moved them within the Content Library in Daz, then it's gone from the copy.

mrjaded said:

Although, as I said above, they are in the CMS they aren't categories and aren't geenrated from the categorisation process. A script could rad the type from the .duf file and assign it, but there isn't curently one to do that.

Makes sense as I tried what mrjaded recommended and it didn't work.

If they are in CMS, how can I get the IDs like Prop or Material to show up?

• As I recall you would need to edit them as a product, or create a product for them more likely - the product metadata dialogue does have the type options if I am remembering correctly (which is how the store items are set up).

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985

If all you want to do is assign a file type, go to a folder of assets and launch the Content DB Editor. See pic attached.

Select 1 or more files of the same type, then go to the TYPE: drop down and assign the asset(s) a type.

Launch Content DB Editor.jpg
    889 x 690 - 229K
  • macleanmaclean Posts: 2,438

Yes, what Lindsey said. Just edit them yourself.

@Lindsey

That did it!  Thanks Lindsey.