Disappearing Controls, Help!

I have been working on a hair model for Arki's Hair modeling program from Digital Art Live.  She uses Hexagon, but I told them about Carrara and am using that.  Unfortunately, partway through one model, the 2D image controls (Hand, Magnifier, etc.) just disappeared  from both the Assemble and Model windows.  The problem seems to be with Carrara itself, but the DIM supposedly uninstalled it, but won't let me re-install it.  Does anyone know how to fix the original problem?  I am trying to download and manually re-install Carrara, but I'd like to know what to do if it comes up again.  Thanks.

Comments

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738

I've definitely  accidentally dragged that control bar with the hand/camera/magnifier off of my sidebar and into the window before, and put it somewhere where it took me a few minutes to find, but I don't think I've ever had it completely disappear.  I'm guessing it's something that could be restored in File>Preferences, maybe resetting preferences?  

• KatLadyKatLady Posts: 38

Jonstark, you're brilliant, it worked!  I had re-installed the program itself, and still had the problem.  Wasn't sure what to do next.  Thank you! smiley

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

There's  a right click menu ,. when you're over the tools,. where you can enable / disable the tools sets.

Sometimes it''s easy to clack instead of click and it all goes whoop whoop.

it's also very easy to un-dock those menu's (as john points out)

Carrara has a few hidden right clack menu's

very helpful in the Vertex modeller/UV space

tools menus.jpg
    163 x 539 - 19K
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    3DAGE said:

Sometimes it''s easy to clack instead of click and it all goes whoop whoop.

Isn't that the truth? Especially on my laptop with a smaller than large monitor (16") - it's really easy to accidentally drag those tools.