I am going crazy!

curiouskittycuriouskitty Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

Ok so my old computer got corrupted, and ALL FILES WERE LOST. I have poser 2012..........I think that means 9? I have no idea, BUT ALL OF MY V4, M4 NONE OF IT I went to my account and tried to get it to go to poser...........it would not do it..............PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

If you mean it won't let you install, choose "DAZ Studio" as the target application -- it installs the same files, but skips the check for Poser.exe (In Poser Pro it's called Poserpro.exe, and the need to install to the application folder has been obsolete since P7sr3 and is a bad idea on Win7/8/Vista).

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,786
    edited March 2013

Better yet, grab DAZ Install Manager It's wicked fast, and will install the stuff where you want it...

http://www.daz3d.com/install-manager-info

PS; Once you get it reinstalled, buy an external USB drive and copy your stuff onto it in case it happens again...

Post edited by WandW on
  • curiouskittycuriouskitty Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'll try it and see.

• estheresther Posts: 608
    edited December 1969

r you sure the files arn't still on your computer. maybe poser has just stopped seeing them and you have to add them again from within poser?

edited December 1969

WandW - I just watched the video about- have a good thing going, to see if I could install anywhere using the download manager. but I have all my poser content in multiple external runtimes eg all the jacktomlin carnival stuff is in a runtime called carnival and a certain V4 outfit would be in a folder called eg certainV4Outfit, so do you think this new installer thingy would work with my system. I got the impression from the video that it all ends up in the same runtime???
    Love esther

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

Ok so my old computer got corrupted, and ALL FILES WERE LOST. I have poser 2012..........I think that means 9? I have no idea, BUT ALL OF MY V4, M4 NONE OF IT I went to my account and tried to get it to go to poser...........it would not do it..............PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poser 9 and Poser Pro 2012 are separate programs. Both from the same year, but Poser Pro 2012 has more capabilities than Poser 9. Poser Pro 2012 is the "professional" version of Poser 9.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,786
    edited December 1969

Hi Esther,
    Under the Installation tab you can define external runtimes that you want to install to, and install batches of files to each, selecting the runtime from a dropdown box. It initially complains if there if something already installed there, because that means that there is stuff there it can't uninstall, but it seems to work well. I leave the Install After Downloading box unchecked and install the items from the Installation tab myself to make sure they are going into the correct Runtime (a lesson learned the hard way :) )...

edited December 1969

hmm sounds interesting.