Using Genesis 2 and 3 clothing on original Genesis figure

Can you use Genesis 2 and Genesis 3 clothing on Genesis 1 inside of Carrara?

Comments

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738

Oh yes, you can use any clothing for anyone.  There are clones in the store for G2M, G2F, G3M, G3F which can automatically change clothing into Genesis1 fitting, the clones are great and I use them all the time but not always 100% perfect, but you can easily load the clothing on your Genesis1 base in Carrara and if there is any portion too 'tight' or having any skin poke through simply model in the assembly room, use soft select and and pull the clothing into perfect fit (once it fits on Genesis1 base, it will fit all the dialed in morphs for it too). 

But even without the clones you can make any clothing fit Genesis1 pretty easily.  In Studio, import the .obj of the clothing item, position it to the most ideal place on your Genesis1, run the Transfer Utility to rig the clothing object with Genesis1 rigging, then open it in Carrara to do any fine tuning by modelling in the assembly room and 'pulling' the clothing into perfect fit postion with soft select.

I actually meant to make a tutorial video on this at some point, maybe I still will.

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

I actually meant to make a tutorial video on this at some point, maybe I still will.

yes please!

• Would love to see that tutorial.  Thanks for the info.