Help with Imported clothing objs (SORTED)

WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
edited March 2013 in Poser Discussion

I don't use Poser much but I am trying to make some clothes for some of the Poser figures.

However when I import the obj. it does not show up properly, it seems to be transparent, although sometimes the edges can just be seen. Even if I add a texture it still doesn't show up. Everything else that is in the runtime shows OK.

It does show when I render the image though.

Poser is set on Texture shaded so it's not that.

I'm using my friends Poser Pro 2012, and she doesn't know the answer either.

Here's an image of one of the items.

Image1.jpg
490 x 637 - 31K
Post edited by Wilmap on

Comments

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,786
    edited December 1969

I wonder if the lower SUBD level of the figure is hiding it. If you turn of the visibility on the Genesis figure (in the Body actor's Parameter tab) does the clothing become visible?

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

I'm not using Genesis.

I was actually trying to make clothes for Imploo for my friend to use.

edited December 1969

I've just noticed that the front of the item appears to be transparent when there is no figure in the scene.

Image2.jpg
    490 x 637 - 30K
  • BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited March 2013

My guess is that the normals of the mesh are facing inward & therefore not visible. Poser & Ds "see" the mesh differently. DS sees both sides (front & back) whereas Poser normally only sees the Front side of the polygons. You will probably have to go into your modelling program & reverse the normals so they are pointing outward.

Edit: now that I see the image you posted; the reversed normals are definitely the cause.

Post edited by BWSman on
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much, that worked!!

Glad I've got that sorted.

Now will have to find out why are the normals reversed on that item and not on others I've made?