Fit Control for Genesis 8 (Commercial)

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,046

The Script Header will read v1.5. What does yours say?

• v1.5 when i execute it.

when i canceled out of the script it crashed DAZ3d.

i'll see if i can get a you a clear example from log. 

• log plus crashdump.

txt
    txt
    log.txt
    zip
    zip
    DAZStudio_error_report_221206-071803.zip

Thanks

edited December 2022

The log files are not showing any errors. Maybe try the following

- Tons of !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in front of the name of the folder. Remove those

- Maybe switch from Iray drawstyle. In the log, every time it finishes applying the morphs it starts rendering. So it would be good to rule out a rendering issue.

- Lastly if this is with a specific item, let me know so we can try and emulate the problem.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • latest attempt. deleted previous directory and re-installed scripts, turned of nvidia preview.

daz still crashes after clicking on dialog box that acknowledges successful completion of task. 

zip
    zip
    log.zip
  • shg0816_13461e8196shg0816_13461e8196 Posts: 291
    edited January 2023

Updated: I tried using the "add morphs to item" and it seems to work fine.  Not quite what I was expecting, but it'll work.

I bought the Fit Control for Genesis 8. which includes 8.1 figures.  I used it on G8.1F without any issues; however, when I try to use it on 8.1M, I get a pop-up stating select G8M and try again.  Thoughts?

Post edited by shg0816_13461e8196 on
  • inquireinquire Posts: 2,099

shg0816_13461e8196 said:

Updated: I tried using the "add morphs to item" and it seems to work fine.  Not quite what I was expecting, but it'll work.

I bought the Fit Control for Genesis 8. which includes 8.1 figures.  I used it on G8.1F without any issues; however, when I try to use it on 8.1M, I get a pop-up stating select G8M and try again.  Thoughts?

Yes, that happes to me, too.

edited January 2023

Just tried it and works fine. Please make sure the version reads v1.5 on top of script. If however you are already on 1.5 and the issue still arises, then please send me a log file. Thanks.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • I'm using Daz Studio 4.21.0.5 Pro 64bit.

When I apply the morphs to the clothing Daz Studio crashes.

I attached the log so you can take a look.

zip
    zip
    DAZStudio_error_report_230120-125140.zip
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

espindav said:

I'm using Daz Studio 4.21.0.5 Pro 64bit.

What version of Fit Control (Shown at the top of the Fit Control dialogue window) are you using and what method did you use to install it?

• espindav said:

Sevrin said:

espindav said:

I'm using Daz Studio 4.21.0.5 Pro 64bit.

What version of Fit Control (Shown at the top of the Fit Control dialogue window) are you using and what method did you use to install it?

It is v1.5

I used install manager to install it.

Yes it is. Still busy sorting/arranging the morphs, but the scripts themselves is done.
  • espindavespindav Posts: 20

Any more progress?

Still refining morphs.
    • Hey Zev0, Fit Controller for Genesis 8. Not sure if anyone else has encountered this. I have both female and male for gen 3 and gen 8 as well as the add-on product that followed. I had first bought the base product a few years ago and it worked great. I had no issues. About a year and a half ago i started getting an error message that pops up saying 'an error occurred while reading the file, see the log file for more detials' (error log is pasted in below). I thought maybe give the product some time that there were some kinks and maybe an update would be needed. I've tried uninstalling fit controller and then re-installing it and I still get the message. Do you have any ideas on how to fix this? The clothing item that shows below is Vivacious Chemise, but I get the same error on any clothing item I select. I'm not sure what to do....maybe something is right in front of my face and I'm not seeing it? And before you ask, yes I am using the right script and it is updated to its latest version. I'm just at a complete loss with this. I really do like the product.(I've been getting by on dforce and some creative angles and stuff....but would like ot be able to use this again). Thank you in advance.    

2023-04-20 19:40:16.413 [DEBUG] :: Transferring Morphs To Follower Items...

2023-04-20 19:40:16.413 [DEBUG] :: Running Transfer Utility

2023-04-20 19:40:16.413 [DEBUG] :: Vivacious Chemise

2023-04-20 19:40:16.413 [WARNING] :: Script Error: Line 326

2023-04-20 19:40:16.413 [WARNING] :: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: DzTransferUtility

2023-04-20 19:40:16.413 [WARNING] :: Stack Trace:

<anonymous>()@D:/Users/Goliath/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_49359/people/genesis 8 female/clothing/fit control/fit control - 01 add morphs to item.dse:326

2023-04-20 19:40:16.536 [INFO] :: Error in script execution: D:/Users/Goliath/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_49359/people/genesis 8 female/clothing/fit control/fit control - 01 add morphs to item.dse

• nowefgnowefg Posts: 557
    edited May 2023

SOLVED: There was a conflict with a custom folder of favorite G3F morphs and GenX that I added to G8F way back when. Included in it were morphs transferred from Fit Control for G3F. They morphed the figure as well as the clothing, so it was marginally useful, but came in handy a time or two.

I went through that folder and removed those G3F Fit control files, and now all the G8F Fit Control morphs show up correctly.  It seems the script noticed the files were already present in G8F, but not in a location it could access to Remove them.

=============================================================================================================================

I just purchased Fit Control for G8F, version 1.5, and the Add-on package. The script works in the DS version I'm running (4.12.1.117,) but there are too few morphs showing in Parameters.

For example, the Fit Control Data folder contains six Under Smoother morphs, but only one, 'Under Smoother 6', shows up in Parameters, not 1 through 5. Screenshot attached.

Another example, the Data folder shows seven Center-related morphs, but only Center Depth Alt shows up in Parameters. Screenshot attached.

The screenshots were taken with a stock Genesis 8 Basic Female figure. I tried several clothing products, got the same shortfall each time.

Counting the total number of morphs that do show up under Fit Control in Parameters , I came up with 157. I may be off slightly.

Counting the total number of Fit Control & Add On morphs in the Data folder, I came up with 271, again I may be off a little.

But however I look at it, it's clear that over 100 morphs are not showing up in Parameters.

Why I get some, but not all, has me stumped. I installed manually, Data to Data, Runtime to Runtime, People to my G8F folder. The script process never hangs, and Add, Remove, Delete Unused, and Zero all work perfectly on the morphs that do show up.

I've have and have used Fit Control for G3F since it came out, (though I haven't worked with G3F iin quite a while,) and never had any problems.

Any ideas what is causing this?

FC Under Smoother.jpg
    2559 x 1389 - 149K
    Fit Control Center Morphs.jpg
    2559 x 1383 - 145K
    Post edited by nowefg on
  • smackthis527 said:

• Hey Zev0, Fit Controller for Genesis 8. Not sure if anyone else has encountered this. I have both female and male for gen 3 and gen 8 as well as the add-on product that followed. I had first bought the base product a few years ago and it worked great. I had no issues. About a year and a half ago i started getting an error message that pops up saying 'an error occurred while reading the file, see the log file for more detials' (error log is pasted in below). I thought maybe give the product some time that there were some kinks and maybe an update would be needed. I've tried uninstalling fit controller and then re-installing it and I still get the message. Do you have any ideas on how to fix this? The clothing item that shows below is Vivacious Chemise, but I get the same error on any clothing item I select. I'm not sure what to do....maybe something is right in front of my face and I'm not seeing it? And before you ask, yes I am using the right script and it is updated to its latest version. I'm just at a complete loss with this. I really do like the product.(I've been getting by on dforce and some creative angles and stuff....but would like ot be able to use this again). Thank you in advance.    

2023-04-20 19:40:16.413 [WARNING] :: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: DzTransferUtility

<anonymous>()@D:/Users/Goliath/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_49359/people/genesis 8 female/clothing/fit control/fit control - 01 add morphs to item.dse:326

2023-04-20 19:40:16.536 [INFO] :: Error in script execution: D:/Users/Goliath/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_49359/people/genesis 8 female/clothing/fit control/fit control - 01 add morphs to item.dse

This looks like a Daz Studio issue. It is trying to call the Transfer Utility (which comes natively with DS) and it is failing, so it suggests there is a problem with your install. Please reinstall DS and try again

edited May 2023

Hi. Just tried it and it works here. So it is not the product.

Capture.JPG
    2549 x 1374 - 237K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • DiscoBob said:

smackthis527 said:

This looks like a Daz Studio issue. It is trying to call the Transfer Utility (which comes natively with DS) and it is failing, so it suggests there is a problem with your install. Please reinstall DS and try again

I was hoping I wouldn't have to do that. It sucks because this is the only asset I'm having an issue with. I'm hesitant to do the uninstall because my paths to download and install assets isn't default. There's no possible other fix that might resolve this?

• espindavespindav Posts: 20
    edited May 2023

Any progress on my issue?

I did notice that when I load a saved scene with the fit control morph already installed into the clothing everything works great.

Post edited by espindav on
  • VueiyVueiy Posts: 521

Succulent Fruit said:

These morphs don't work, guys... I downloaded the base and addon scripts, ran the script on my genesis 8 female with a dress equipped. The box came up asking which clothing pieces I wanted to modify, and I selected her dress. It appeared to load some things, then was done, but nothing happened. There are no additional morphs on her dress at all.

Nevermind, the issue was the particular dress I was attempting to morph. Apparently the script doesn't recognize bottoms-only skirts, it has to be a full body skirt.

I'm trying to add morphs to a dress, and I'm having this problem. 

Hi. What Dress?
  • VueiyVueiy Posts: 521

Zev0 said:

Hi. What Dress?

Dress Up Collection's dress 2 

edited October 2023

Hi. Works fine here.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • HOW can i  use  it  ?

QQ图片20231202225530.jpg
    1920 x 1440 - 751K
  • Which file were you trying to use? What is atually selected in the Scene (it doesn't look as if it is the human figure)?

• Hello! New to Daz and I'm having some trouble with getting the controls to show up. I have Fit Control installed, select the model, and then apply it to my clothing with no errors. But in the parameters tab, none of the controls are showing up. Pretty sure it's an error on my end but I have no idea how to troubleshoot sadly :( Hoping that someone has a solution. 

• nabob21nabob21 Posts: 921

I'm having some trouble with Fit Control for G8F crashing Daz Studio when the script has finished running. Everything seems to go as expected until I close the pop-up window that appears to say that the morphs have been added to the clothing item. When I click on 'Okay" daz Studio crashes. I'm not sure why this has started happening, since it has worked without issues since I bought it a few years ago.I'm using Daz Studio 4.21.0.5 Pro Edition. I have attached the log file in case anyone wants to look at that.

txt
    txt
    log.txt
  • nabob21nabob21 Posts: 921
    edited February 11

Some further information on this. I tried fit control for G3F and G8/8.1M it works fine for them, so it seems to be an issue with the G8/8.1 version.

Post edited by nabob21 on