Average People

Been using daz a couple yeras now, and while I like the system and products my one complaint is the lack of "avergae" folks.

Plenty of cover model men and women, or decrpit crones and saggy old men, but where are the mechanics, teachers, moms, policemen?

I'd just like a choice between 20 yearl old ingenue, and withered septuagenarian. Anyone else?

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,667

You can make most of these yourself with the DAZ morphs and other morph addons like the ones from Zevo

• That's primarily what I've been doing, however without the matching skins the end result is a bit off; aged faces with perfectly smooth skin. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,442

Dale is a good regular guy. Here is an image I rendered of him.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,667

That's primarily what I've been doing, however without the matching skins the end result is a bit off; aged faces with perfectly smooth skin. 

Gte skin builder from Zevo. You can all kinds of details and imperfections to existing skins.

Kinda confused though, you are looking for "average" looking poeple, yet you want specific detailed looks. With most characters like Dale posted above, you can mix and match others like him for more unique looks. Clothing for the types of people you want is going to play a big part also. With a few business outfits and a few of the specific characters on the market I can make a ton of different looking teachers, even more when it comes to Moms.

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

The burden of making an "Average" person is the limited appeal it seems to have. PA's are driven by profit, of course. May I suggest using some different morph kits and saving your work as a shaping preset. If you get a good set, the possibilities are almost limitless. :)

• I use facegen to make my own average characters. Of course I'm a bit spoiled in the fact that I have thousands of photos of people to choose from, I was a professional portrait photographer for over 10 years. :) here's a couple I have made: 

• I kind of like the way DAZ currently leans towards almost stylized people. It's easy to get an average person out of supermodel morphs (blending three or four to add up to 100% is a quick start) but less easy going the other way. I really do wish there were more middle aged characters to choose from though because aging doesn't work by blending an old and young person and same thing goes for skin textures.
  • JamesJABJamesJAB Posts: 1,760
    George (Genesis 3 and 8) is a good example of the type of thing we need more of, but for both sexes (very unique characters in size, shape, and age). I would even just be very satisfied if Daz came out with body morphs vol.2, that would include a full range of body shapes (ie: pear, apple, rectangle, bean, strawberry...), and a range of different weight morphs based on how those body shapes gain weight.

I use facegen to make my own average characters. Of course I'm a bit spoiled in the fact that I have thousands of photos of people to choose from, I was a professional portrait photographer for over 10 years. :) here's a couple I have made: 

Nice! Are these characters available?

Are those characters avialable for download or purchase? :)

• I would love a 'thug' bundle

various dirt plain guys, scruffy clothing etc.