G8 Male Beta carrara preset up - freestuff

2»

Comments

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,341
    edited October 2017
    Vyusur said:

Bunyip, how did you get all this clothing to work? In my case, even blended weights can't help clothes to conform anyhow. Alas I can't post nude people. Great Stephanie 8 rendering, by the way.

Thanks Vyusur, I used the blended weights method on the clothing which overall worked but with some pokethrough which I fixed using the magnet tool in the model room for the clothes I used.

Steph8 pokethrough posed.png
    1923 x 1040 - 248K
    Steph8 pokethrough modelroom.png
    1921 x 1044 - 679K
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    Bunyip02 said:
    Mistara said:
    Bunyip02 said:

Stephanie 8 Adeliade with Mistys G8F

nice.

how's her left toes? 
    is she doing the left toes distortion thing like Victoria 8?

No distortion seen.

Thanks. smiley

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited October 2017

Wow, Misty... Thanks Again!!! Awesome!!!

Mistara said:

first try playing with G8M within carrara (thanks Misty again and again)

normalization in post

his eyes look so much better when yoo do it smileyyesheart  and skin.  and you gave him eyelashes!

thanx Misty, actually I'd been using your map as inner layer and the daz one as the outer; as for eyes, well the eyeballs look   bulging out or maybe are too big, can't figure it out exactly, but they don't seem to me extremely realistic

You still managed to get the (eyes) looking really nice! yes

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I've really taken a liking to using my "Invisible" shader (set everything to invisible) on all eye parts except the lacrimals, then replacing the eyes using Arki's EYEdeas 3+ eyes. There is an enormous amount of really good eye maps made for M4 and V4, and EYEdeas 3+ includes remapped UV versions for both of those, plus the ones that use Arki's maps, which are also really cool.

This is one of Rosie's eyes. The shot on the right shows how the refraction of the cornea fills the cornea with colors from the iris (instead of seeing straight through the cornea), which might look a little strange here, but looks great when placed in the living figure.

(two quick renders of just one eye model)

I really like having the flexibility of using these eyes. For Genesis figures, I've been using the separate Right and Left individual eyes. After setting up the character's final shape, I bring in the eyes and copy over the actual scale from the Motion tab, then parent them each to their respective eye. But I can further tweak their size if I like, which is really valuable to have. 

As an added bonus, we can now link lights specifically to these eyes - we cannot do that on the actual figure's eyes because we cannot separate parts of a rigged figure for light linking in Carrara.

V4 Remap Refract.jpg
    785 x 337 - 103K
    Post edited by Dartanbeck on
    edited October 2017

Of course, that refraction can be done with any eye that has a separate cornea. I prefer Arki's because of the ability to shape the cornea, iris, pupil, lens, etc., via morphs, along with having an actual interior mapping of the eye for the lens (absent from most figure's eyes) to work with to create a actual pupil appearance against lighting conditions in the scene.

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

Bunyip, thank you very much for the Magnet tool recommendation. It helps a lot! But I still can't get any hair to work on G8 Beta.

2017-10-11_1844.png
    609 x 716 - 246K
    2017-10-11_1848.png
    818 x 666 - 337K
    2017-10-11_1849.png
    762 x 688 - 316K
    edited October 2017

Misty, as I see, the Stephanie's toes work fine, knees look good too. The most issue is elbow joints: they are too round. If there is any way to fix this issue?

2017-10-11_1902.png
    659 x 519 - 211K
    2017-10-11_1903.png
    427 x 378 - 92K
    2017-10-11_1903_001.png
    281 x 287 - 82K
    Post edited by Vyusur on

Dart, for some reason I can not see the pictures in your posts. The only thing that I see is this sign

2017-10-11_2245.png
    139 x 125 - 2K
    Vyusur said:

Dart, for some reason I can not see the pictures in your posts. The only thing that I see is this sign

Sorry about that! Been away so long I've forgotten that we can actually upload the images here now! LOL

Should be fixed now ;)

Vyusur said:

Misty, as I see, the Stephanie's toes work fine, knees look good too. The most issue is elbow joints: they are too round. If there is any way to fix this issue?

i would 1st suspect jcms not kicking in, should be in the pose controls. 

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,341
    edited October 2017
    Vyusur said:

Bunyip, thank you very much for the Magnet tool recommendation. It helps a lot! But I still can't get any hair to work on G8 Beta.

Hello Vyusur, a couple of different approaches for fitting G8F & G3F hair to G8FBeta, notes included on the screenshots. Have not used any of the Carrara hairs yet on G8FBeta, might need advice from Wendy for that.

G8F April Voss hair.png
    1923 x 1040 - 1M
    G8F Galene G3F hair.png
    2272 x 1035 - 1024K
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on

Bunyip, thank you for the instructions! I always convert to BW but save as a Prop/Figure. I will try your method.

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226

cool hints here, thanks yes

Agreed ;)

Mistara said:
    Vyusur said:

i would 1st suspect jcms not kicking in, should be in the pose controls. 

i ended up buying the steph8

here's her forearm bend jcms   HDLv1, the plot thickens smiley   dsf, dhdm

can see in the dsf file moving some verts, but then it calls the dhdm file.

steph8 firearm bends.jpg
    423 x 297 - 83K