C3DE Issue 10 is outstanding!

DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I finally got around to pulling out my brand new copy of C3DE Issue 10. Wow.
140 pages of beautiful renders and awesome articles as always.
I guess every time a new Carrara 3D Expo issue comes out... I get floored by how great of a magazine it is.
Using the latest pdf reader that I have, I needed to go into View > Page Display > and check 'Two Page View' and 'Show Cover Page in Two Page View' which made the magazine pages perfectly placed on my screen.
If you haven't got your yet, you're truly missing out!
Carrara Cafe Visit Carrara Cafe Direct! Download Carrara 3D Expo Magazines Direct!
Note that if you download an issue and it's in zip format, that's because it contains working files for tutorials or similar goodies.

Thanks for the incredible work, all of you!

C3DE-10.jpg
425 x 600 - 25K

Comments

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited December 1969

Yes it is. But that's only to be expected because of the quality of people who work on it. ;)

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

head wax said:
    Yes it is. But that's only to be expected because of the quality of people who work on it. ;)
    Agreed. I love the mag and those who make it... that's for sure. I really get off on those they feature as well! ;-)
  • Jetbird D2Jetbird D2 Posts: 97
    edited December 1969

Hello!
    thank you very much for your compliments! :)

edited December 1969

Hello!
    thank you very much for your compliments! :)
    Don't thank me, bro...
    Thank YOU and your awesome staff! I love every issue, through and through!

People can say what they want about Carrara. Okay... sometimes they can't without me saying something in return... but anyways...
    Within the pages of C3DE, the interviews really help show how these artists have to struggle with Carrara's shortcomings as well - just like the rest of us. But in the end, they love Carrara for what it is... it's the only software of its kind. It really is.
    With every shortcoming of any software that an individual user runs up against, the user must find a way to overcome and prevail.
    However, you won't find Carrara to be alone in this, nor will you find that Carrara is even close to being near the worst in these regards.
    Imagine having even worse drawbacks with a software package that you've paid more than six thousand dollars for! Yikes!

I've been just looking around at some of the ways that people do things in the animation world. Without looking for these sorts of things, I couldn't help but read about them - but even the really big factions that write their own software at huge production houses, they run into shortcomings in the final renders, in the limits of the code, whatever. They overcome without having to re-write the software. Often before there's time to implement a new feature or function. They have to. There are deadlines to meet.

I found this just hugely interesting because I've experience much of what some folks complain about in Carrara, but never really considered it to be a flaw. It's just something that I have to do another way. Perhaps it's my computer, my memory, a certain bit of code within my cpu's core... I never really cared to find out - just go another way to achieve the same thing - and in that regard, Carrara seldom disappoints - for it is often the second try that wins the day for me. Sometimes it's much more difficult... but I still never blame Carrara or especially Daz3d. They're the one's allowing me to do what I CAN do!!!!

I've noticed now, that there is a perfect sidekick software to Carrara that truly will help to alleviate many of the problematic occurrances found in animation renders - things that cannot be discovered until after the render - several (or much more) hours later.
    Project Dogwaffle Pro, Howler
    With the Rotoscoping tools we can correct many things that would otherwise trash a perfectly decent animation. Let your wind settings bend a tree too far. The trunk might go invisible in several frames of the animation! My first project within Howler was to correct this. Although confident, since I just saw how to do it days before in a video tutorial, made by the developers, I still found myself watching it again as I worked on the issue. In the end, it took very little time to learn and conduct this fix, the very first time. Amazing. With Carrara's ability to use animated images as textures, backgrounds, etc., many many things, And PD Pro having the ability to load and save all of these types that Carrara can use, I have a feeling that working with Carrara is one of the main goals of Howler.

Anyways, This magazine really helps to show the world that Carrara is very capable and deserves a comfortable seat with the rest of the top shelf CG software offerings.

• GarstorGarstor Posts: 1,411
    edited December 1969

Anyways, This magazine really helps to show the world that Carrara is very capable and deserves a comfortable seat with the rest of the top shelf CG software offerings.

I made sure to download all of the issues earlier this week. I am slowing going through everything. It is a very high-quality magazine and love that it is dedicated to Carrara.

edited December 1969

This part is key, IMHO:

Using the latest pdf reader that I have, I needed to go into View > Page Display > and check ‘Two Page View’ and ‘Show Cover Page in Two Page View’ which made the magazine pages perfectly placed on my screen

Makes the thing read beautifully, and you can see the magazine layout as intended - dual page image crossing, however you'd describe that. I love it. Totally Carrara!!!