daz render inside 3d work.

Hi, I have a question about DAZ' Eula. I tried to contact the customer service but was left still unsure, as they answered that 2d work is permitted and 3d requires another license.

An agency asked me to make a render with a daz3d model (no PA). The render (2d) will be used inside of a VR 360° movie in 3d, and will interact with 3d objects/people. There may also be some profit.

Am I correct in assuming this usage still counts as 2d work? Is this allowed under my free license?

I know it might be a stupid question, but better safe than sorry.

Thank you!

Comments

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,789

If you are not distributing any actual 3D geometry you may use & sell 2d image renders for use in VR etc

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 7,000
    edited August 2017

As long as it is a 2D image, and not the actual mesh&textures (polygons/maps) you are adding into the game, you are fine.

For example, if I would render an image of Michal 8 and put him into a 3D game (kind of like a billboard), or render an image of Streets of Asia, and use that as my background image in the game, that would be fine.

That said, I'm no lawyer, and what I said is no legal advice. If in doubt, it might be advisable to contact a lawyer specialized in this type of law.

Post edited by BeeMKay on