Limousine

We need an updated Limosine with parts you can turn on and off. The old limosine available here is about 10 years old and is hard to work with shooting characters from the interior.

Comments

• It has been two years since I suggested a limousine update, but I still would love one.  Even a vignette interior would be very useful.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,116

Traditional or something else?

• Traditional. But I would buy a Hummer limo or something like that.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722

Someone should just but this one https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/2019-mercedes-benz-s650-pullman-3d-1279995 then rig it and slap some iray shaders on it. They could probably get enough sales to recoup the initial cost and then some.

• Seriously?  Who's going to spend nearly $200 on a 3D model of a limousine?

This is exactly why I stay away from TurboSquid.  You would have to have a bank account as big as Richie Rich in order to buy something from said site.

JonSea31 said:

Seriously?  Who's going to spend nearly $200 on a 3D model of a limousine?

This is exactly why I stay away from TurboSquid.  You would have to have a bank account as big as Richie Rich in order to buy something from said site.

That is market value in the 3D world. We tend to forget how good we have it at times in our small little niche of the 3D universe.

i have spent a couple hundred dollars on a model several times when I needed it for a commercial project and didn't have the time or skill to do it myself and passed the cost on to the client

• Actually a limo interior vignette would be all I really need.  I could get by otherwise with the old one available here.

• There is one at Digital Creations called Driver i do think its a limo back seat vignette

• @Andrushuk.  Thank you.  I looked over there, but couldn't find it. Poser World  used to have one.  But They took there stuff down.  I actually used to have it and it was quite useful.  Needs to be retextured, but quite useful.

edited January 2019

There is a BMW limo here http://www.dmi-3d.net/modelscar8.html

it's in .LWO format (lightwave) but many apps (Blender) can convert it to .OBJ. It imported fine into DS, although a bit heavy on the mesh (501K of polys)

I scaled it up, slapped some Iray shaders on it and it looks pretty good in Iray. Good if you need a limo for a scene and don't need it rigged.

limowip.jpg
    1463 x 849 - 1M
    Post edited by FSMCDesigns on