Quick Project - Buttons, Levers, Dials, Displays

edited December 1969 in Product Suggestions

I'm looking to buy all manner of buttons, levers, dials, and displays (displaying letters and numbers)

I'm interested in many styles including:
- Western
- Ancient
- Modern
- Future
- 1950's
- Steampunk

I found there is an extreme lack of all of these...

Here is a breakdown of ideas:
Buttons (square buttons like a keyboard, round buttons, lit buttons)
Levers (straight up lever that moves, tilted lever that changes angle, big pully lever for full body weight pulling)
Dials (flat dial like an inset volume, wheel like dial like old tv channel changers, circular sideways dial like the mouse's scroll dial, safe opening dial)
Displays (LED like displays in various styles, Old Airport Dial displays, select time for iphone apps like display, magical display)

I plan on doing most of these post-process right now, but I would love to have them in full 3d.

Comments

• edited April 2013

Hi Johnathan,
    Do you have any references or links to give me an idea of what you are looking for? I've been tinkering with CGI for a while now but I've been looking for a topic lately. So I'll have a go although I can't promise how many I'll get done yet.

Cheers

T

[EDIT]

Just knocked up this quick button in Lightwave & rendered in DS4.5. Is this the type of thing you are looking for? (with better texture of course)

test.jpg
    666 x 500 - 30K
    Post edited by trevorsimpson_49f7f49017 on
  • edited December 1969

yeah, various styles of buttons, with their different animated positions (pushed or not pushed)

Though the actual lettering isn't of high importance for me right now...

Here is a very good example of the type of variation I'm looking for.

http://st.depositphotos.com/1815767/1392/v/450/dep_13923655-Electrical-switches-levers-and-buttons.jpg

Something I can attach to a wall and animate, like to open secret doors etc.

• edited December 1969

Still looking :)