Carrara 8.5 64bit Will not launch - again

Hello again,

I know I don't post very often these days on any of the boards, due to health and time constraints working with any of my 3d software has had to take a back seat the last few years so I only fire up Carrara sporadically.

Last year I had a problem getting Carrara to launch, I documented it here in a youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcofY_lzKxw&t=1s At the time I had both 32bit and 64bit versions of Carrara 8 and 8.5 Pro installed and after trying all the sugesstions I could find online and uninstalling (removing all leftbehinds too) several times it randomly started working again a few days after I had updated my Nvidia GPU drivers (didn't work the same day I updated though?)

This time I only have Carrara 8.5 Pro 64bit installed, this is on a fully updated Windows 7 64bit PC, 6 core AMD CPU,plenty of hard drive space, 16gb ram and a 1bg Nvidia GPU, the machine is aging a bit but still runs everthing else perfectly.

I deleted the Preferences.txt file and it recreated it, ran it as an administrator, deleted everything from my Daztemp folder and really don't want to go through the whole uninstall/reinstall path as it didn't make a bit of difference previously despite doing it all several times over. This really has me stumped :-(

Comments

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,861

I found I couldn't start Carrara on a fresh drive without also installing DazStudio... maybe same?

• Stezza said:

I found I couldn't start Carrara on a fresh drive without also installing DazStudio... maybe same?

Sorry Stezza for some reason I didn't get an email notification about your reply and only saw it when I checked back here.

It is installed and was running fine the last time I used it which is what makes it so fustrating, Daz Studio 64 bit + the beta are also installed and have been for years, just regually check for updates through the DIM. No hardware has changed either. It was the same last time this happedned and then it micaculously started working again a few days after updating my graphics card drivers yet wouldn't start the same say I did them.

• I have this issue with Hitfilm, a dll keeps vanishing and now the installer will not even work, other softwares have done this crap too, iClone being one, so far Carrara has never misbehaved touch wood.