Poser Pros: Help with shaders! (Please?)

Ken OBanionKen OBanion Posts: 1,447
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

Hey, Gangers, I'm looking to the Community for a bit of assistance.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a Materials setting(s) to make hair kind of mousy and lifeless, like the 'Before' image in a L'Oreal commercial? Preferably something that I can animate (as a starting point), so the end result is this almost mystical, magical transformation from Geek Girl to "Great Googly-Moogly!" (You get the idea, right? )

I've tried dinking around in the Materials Room (and that may be part of my problem - you don't 'dink around' with materials settings; you go in with a Purpose, and a Plan!), but so far..., meh!

For the record, I'm using Poser 8 and 9. (Nine, mostly, now that I've gotten past that god-awful ugly woman on the splash screen ;-) )

I'll appreciate all over ya!

Comments

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,786
    edited December 1969

If the texture has highlights, I'd manipulate the texture maps by painting out the highlights and blurring the fine details

Gamma correcting your transmaps to 2.4 can eliminate some of the body of the hair. Since you are not using Poser Pro, you would need to do adjust the maps outside of Poser.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I wonder if this is something that LLF's latest product (still WIP) would be able to do

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/19398/

• gypsyangelgypsyangel Posts: 1,010
    edited March 2013

Set up a hsv node between Diffuse and Spec colors
    Attach any hair texture color to that
    Change the color on the hsv to the color you want the hair to be
    Make sure your saturation is set low like this.
    See the attached screencap.

hair01.jpg
    576 x 562 - 101K
    Post edited by gypsyangel on
  • Ken OBanionKen OBanion Posts: 1,447
    edited December 1969

Thank you, everybody, for your advice!

I'm going to try them all, both individually and in combination. Something is bound to work!