Autofit Renders

PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
edited December 1969 in Art Studio

As some of you might know I'm currently converting my gen 3 and 4 clothing to Genesis. I frequently see posts where people say that it doesn't work well for them and frequently see answers where people say it works for them.

So I thought it might be nice to have a render thread for people to post renders of autofitted items so we can all see how well it does or doesn't work as the case may be.

Those who are getting good results can provide tips for those having difficulties.

Only condition for posting is that some part of the outfit needs to have been autofitted.

To start off...The Edwardian Suit with Satsuki, Valerie Texture and Mood camera 4 and Parkside station.

Waiting at Parkside station.

Only thing I'm not happy with is the top of the sash. May yet take it into hexagon to fix.

Waiting_at_Parkside_Station.jpg
600 x 1000 - 376K

Comments

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Rather than take it into Hexagon I played with the setting under Mesh Smoothing. I also wanted to see how it would work with someone with a larger breast size.

Having a character with larger breasts smooths out the top and I increased the collision iterations to 5

Waiting_at_Parkside_Station2.jpg
    600 x 1000 - 401K
  • MangeyDesignerMangeyDesigner Posts: 129
    edited December 1969

I have more hits than misses lately with Autofit which is great.

I just posted the render below in my own thread but while I was looking at this thread I realised how suitable it was since I used lots of V4 stuff in it with Genesis.

This is the Elverado Blouse and the Flower Power Jeans and the Neck Choker is from V4 Omega Hunter. The goggles are for V4 as is the gun.... there are also V4 shoes that you can't see and several other items turned off that I sucessfully fitted before settling on this combination.

All in all I am pretty happy with Autofit these days and now and then when an item doesn't fit well I just move on and try something else as I have a huge collection of V4 stuff that I need to make more use of with Genesis as that is my figure of choice these days.

BlitheSpirit-s.jpg
    1333 x 1999 - 447K
    edited December 1969

I have more hits than misses lately with Autofit which is great.

I just posted the render below in my own thread but while I was looking at this thread I realised how suitable it was since I used lots of V4 stuff in it with Genesis.

This is the Elverado Blouse and the Flower Power Jeans and the Neck Choker is from V4 Omega Hu nter. The goggles are for V4 as is the gun.... there are also V4 shoes that you can't see and several other items turned off that I sucessfully fitted before settling on this combination.

All in all I am pretty happy with Autofit these days and now and then when an item doesn't fit well I just move on and try something else as I have a huge collection of V4 stuff that I need to make more use of with Genesis as that is my figure of choice these days.

Thanks for posting MangeyDesigner....it's a great render!

I'm of the belief there are some items that aren't worth the work involved, so it's best to move on some times.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited April 2013

Autofit M4 clothing to Genesis and kit bashing using Smoothing and Collision mod

Hiya Pen how's life these days? Good I hope.

BWC.jpg
    757 x 1050 - 420K
    Post edited by Szark on
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Autofit M4 clothing to Genesis and kit bashing using Smoothing and Collision mod

Hiya Pen how's life these days? Good I hope.

Hi Szark! Life's good, I'm on two weeks holidays at the moment. Still getting over a cold though...

Love the render, if you autofitted that belt all I can say is wow! The bottles are so smooth without any wiggly bits. So glad you posted.

edited December 1969

You have no idea what I had to do to get that belt to fit without distorting.....ok I did cheat a little with that part...I parented it instead. All the rest was Autofitted.

edited April 2013

Sorry double post

Post edited by Pendraia on
    edited April 2013

Szark said:
    You have no idea what I had to do to get that belt to fit without distorting.....ok I did cheat a little with that part...I parented it instead. All the rest was Autofitted.

Lol
    Sometimes it's the only way to go and if you save it, it will smart prop next time and save on the work. Shoes are sometimes easier to do that way also.

I've had a bit of a play with using rigidity mapping on buttons but haven't worked it out yet. I think the trick may be to apply rigidity mapping prior to autofitting.

Post edited by Pendraia on
    edited December 1969

To be honest messing with them at this stage is too much for my addled brain to cope with.

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    To be honest messing with them at this stage is too much for my addled brain to cope with.

Not good to hear Pete. I hope everything is alright for you?

edited December 1969

I am ok thanks Pendraia just so much going on in my life right now i can't think straight. Hopefully things will settle down in a few months...I hope.

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    I am ok thanks Pendraia just so much going on in my life right now i can't think straight. Hopefully things will settle down in a few months...I hope.
    I hope things settle down for you...everything always seems to happen at once in life sometimes.