No more annoying Yellow banner

Design AcrobatDesign Acrobat Posts: 459
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I stopped the service for cash discount or whatever it was called in my Task Manager so that annoying discount bar doesn't show up anymore.

Evidently, it was causing more problems than previously thought. The IE10 browser couldn't directly link to a forum without getting a 404 and sometimes when I clicked on a topic to read it, it would send me back to a 404 page.

I don't know who wrote this code, but it's been messing up IE10's direct linking something fierce.

Once I stopped the service in Task Manager, I've had not one problem.

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

I stopped the service for cash discount or whatever it was called in my Task Manager so that annoying discount bar doesn't show up anymore.

Evidently, it was causing more problems than previously thought. The IE10 browser couldn't directly link to a forum without getting a 404 and sometimes when I clicked on a topic to read it, it would send me back to a 404 page.

I don't know who wrote this code, but it's been messing up IE10's direct linking something fierce.

What are you talking about? I've never had a banner on this forum as describe. Perhaps there's some ad-ware crap on your system or a virus that you don't know about? I'd look there, instead of assuming it's DAZ's web server code screwing up M$. Not that I'm a huge fan of the new forums, but fair is fair and I've never been served what you describe.

Then again, I'm on a Mac, so maybe it's something that my browser blocks?

• Design AcrobatDesign Acrobat Posts: 459
    edited April 2013

What are you talking about? I've never had a banner on this forum as describe. Perhaps there's some ad-ware crap on your system or a virus that you don't know about? I'd look there, instead of assuming it's DAZ's web server code screwing up M$. Not that I'm a huge fan of the new forums, but fair is fair and I've never been served what you describe.

Then again, I'm on a Mac, so maybe it's something that my browser blocks?

Yeah, maybe it was just me.

or

IT's APRIL FOOLS DAY!
    :)

Post edited by Design Acrobat on
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Ya' got me....! Just remember, vengeance is a dish best served cold, and it is very cold where I am now!

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

:lol:
    :ahhh:
    :roll:
    8-/
    >:(
    That was awesome... both of you! I'm glad I stayed away until the second!

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,046
    edited December 1969

I was puzzled too about this "banner" lol