One More Short Animation For A Houston Contest

Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,192
edited December 1969 in Art Studio

After "Space Games" (done in Carrara) was submitted (link in a Topic below), I had a week or so before the deadline, so I tried something a little out of my normal (Carrara) mode. Its done mostly with FX from Particle Illusion and Digital Juice's "Compositor's Toolkit". There is a short Carrara sequence at the end, but even that is mostly Particle Illusion overlaid. Its for Houston's Aurora Picture Show "Extremely Shorts" contest, in the experimental genre (three minutes max length).

"Universe - The Early Takes" (at YouTube):

http://tinyurl.com/bqfk3pj

Comments

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,154
    edited December 1969

Steve K said:
    After "Space Games" (done in Carrara) was submitted (link in a Topic below), I had a week or so before the deadline, so I tried something a little out of my normal (Carrara) mode. Its done mostly with FX from Particle Illusion and Digital Juice's "Compositor's Toolkit". There is a short Carrara sequence at the end, but even that is mostly Particle Illusion overlaid. Its for Houston's Aurora Picture Show "Extremely Shorts" contest, in the experimental genre (three minutes max length).

"Universe - The Early Takes" (at YouTube):

http://tinyurl.com/bqfk3pj

very cool Steve, The video kind of reminded me a little of the old asteroids game. which I use to love to play for hours on end .lol

good luck in the contest :)

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,192
    edited December 1969

Ivy said:

very cool Steve, The video kind of reminded me a little of the old asteroids game. which I use to love to play for hours on end .lol

good luck in the contest :)

Thanks, Ivy. Yes, that one effect is clearly based on games like "Asteroids", its from Particle Illusion and is one of several even titled "Vector (something)", referring to vector graphics. I really like Particle Illusion, with effects like that are almost a whole scene/cut.