Can Bryce files use other rendering engines than its own?

BrycescaperBrycescaper Posts: 148
edited September 2017 in Bryce Discussion

I understand that Bryce was originally designed for Mac O/S and the only "native" movie rendering option was through Quicktime. Now the last time I used Quicktime in Windows, the player window was rotated 90 degrees to the left and the animation scrolled not left to right but bottom to top.. Also, I have a solid state hard drive (not my C: drive) that is infinitely faster and if I can park such a standalone program in that drive, it would speed up my renders. Are there any engines that can do this? I've heard of render farms but don't want to pay for rendering. If the answer is yes, there are engines available, I'd love to know which ones can render in .mp4 format like iClone. or even how to get a render to render correctly period in Bryce. The rotating the screen 90 degrees to the left is infathomable, worse than useless.

Post edited by Brycescaper on

Comments

• BrycescaperBrycescaper Posts: 148
    edited September 2017

Anyway, If there are engines out there, regardless of output format, that can render correctly I'd be delighted.

• BrycescaperBrycescaper Posts: 148
    edited September 2017

(comment deleted by myself and edited into the above post)

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,503

No, Bryce files cannot be read by other applications. You can always export the objects and import in another application. Bryce has already two native render engines.